EUROPEAN CURLIES

ineine Posts: 15Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
Hey!

I'm loving this site and all the useful info I'm finding on it, but a lot of the products that are commended here are only sold in the US. I'd like to start this discussion with other European members to see if we can find equivalent products in our markets.

Anyone in?

Comments

• fawneefawnee Posts: 5Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm in! it can be so hard finding non-US based products!

• LalannaLalanna Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    I live in Spain,it was difficult but,finally I could find curly hair products from USA like Shea Moisture,Argan Oil,Lotta body etc...
    The trouble is that they are much more expensive than in USA but is totally worth it.
    I suppose that its diffcilut to find them because in europe there are not as many  people with curly hair as in USA,but even so they should come to Europe too.
  • Dawnmilada1996Dawnmilada1996 Posts: 7Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I live in the Netherlands and a lot of surinam or african  groceriestores (I dont know how these shops are actually called, I'm sorry) sell American brands like shea moisture, cantu, jessiecurl etc. Maybe this is an option in your country too ? 
  • WildberryWildberry Posts: 90Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    I live in a small town with about 6000 people in northern Norway, so for me, online shopping is the only way to go. It's not ideal, since I can't smell the products beforehand, and it takes a couple of week to get the products, but it's better than nothing.
  • ineine Posts: 15Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
    Hey everyone, thanks for your messages! I live in Berlin and we do have some African shops, there's actually one near my place so I should check it out! For the ones who shop online, do you use American websites? I found this one called Beauty Bay that sells American products in Europe but they mostly have makeup, not hair stuff. It would be great to find something of the sort for our needs!
  • bomegabomega Posts: 1,355Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    For all you European curlies: iherb.com, luckyvitamin.com and our own shop.naturallycurly.com are all US based online retailers that ship internationally. The selection will probably be the best at shop.naturallycurly.com, but iherb and luckyvitamin have free shipping over a certain amount. They sell more natural type things rather than curly specific products, but that means you can get Giovanni, Acure, and other natural products that curlies like. And iherb has Kinky Curly.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
    Thanks! :)
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Great idea! Thanks for starting this up, @ine!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • WildberryWildberry Posts: 90Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
     Iherb seems to be cheaper than the others I found, so if they have the product, that's great. Beautyexpert has free shipping (to my country, at least), and has a bit of Shea Moisture, Giovanni, As I Am and Yes To (including blueberries, which I didn't find at iherb). Feelunique also has free shipping to my country, and I found a few Shea Moisture products and Cantu there.

There are probably a lot of others at these sites, but I'm not well-versed in the CG products jungle yet. Reading up on it, and my wish list is increasing by the day! ;)
  • speciesx03speciesx03 Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    I live in London and over the years our hair shops have been selling a larger variety of brands. However I know that it is difficult to have access to products elsewhere in Europe, so here is a list of online shops that are UK based that ship internationally:-
    www.britishcurlies.co.uk
    www.beautybyzara.com
    www.myluxebeauty.com
    www.naturalisticproducts.co.uk

Also we have a couple of subscription boxes for those who are unsure about products:-
    www.treasuretress.co.uk (this has been around for over a year)
    www.curleebox.co.uk (this is quite new)

I hope this helps someone.
  • Aitana24Aitana24 Posts: 18Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
    I'm from spain and also a newbie with CG. Just got my big chop after 10 years of straightening my hair. I currently look like a poodle, but finally I can see my actual curls.

I did subscribe to www.curleebox.co.uk and will be getting my first box in a couple of days! 

I bought my first 3 products from amazon: cantu curl activator, giovanni conditioner (green tea), and ecostyler gel. 
    I was about to buy some from www.naturalisticproducts.co.uk but I will wait for the curleebox and see what's in it first.

I have been looking at a gel from Natura Siberica which looks CG, not sure if anyone's tried products from their line yet. Some do have cones, but many look pretty good.
    https://www.naturasiberica.es/

Thanks everyone for your comments! I'm also reading up and increasing my wishlist, as soon as I get paid I will start ordering left and right :D @Lalanna and @Aitana24 I'm Spanish too! Hola! ;)
    Hola desde Madrid! @ine ;

• M. Le FayM. Le Fay Posts: 17Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
    Hi from Portugal!! :)
    I've used my hair naturally all my life but just recently following a healthier routine (no parabens, no sulfates, no silicones) which is a little difficult because there aren't so many products available around my area and the ones that exist are expensive. I have to rely on online shopping. So this is a very useful topic! :)

Waiting for your products to arrive in the mail is the worst! I have something I want to order from iHerb, but I ordered some Giovanni conditioners that I want to try out first. I am spending an unhealthy amount of time browsing these online stores and filling out my wishlist, all because I'm impatiently waiting for my mail. ;)

I know! I am waiting impatiently for my first curleebox!  :D
    Yes it´s the worst. And is even worse when the product finally arrives but doesn't work on your hair... :s :s
    that's so annoying! there should be a service that sends you little testers to try without committing to buy a full bottle because also these products are never cheap! maybe this exists and we just don't know
    I found this page with tons of products: https://www.rizadoafroymas.es
    It's from Spain, but they have International shipping.

Oh, and just FYI. Naturalistic Products does have a section on samples for sale: 

https://www.naturalisticproducts.co.uk/collections/samples
  • RimonsileyRimonsiley Posts: 40Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    I am from the Czech republic. If you have dm-drogerie markt near around, that's where I get most of my stuff. The brand Alverde sells natural cosmetic and they have some good conditioners. Balea also has some good sillicone free products. For the rest, I get sulfate free shampoo from Yves Rocher and recently I discovered some local e-shop selling some Novex products :smile: There are some shops offer international shipping, but even if they are located in Europe, the price of the product combined with the shipping is unaffordable for me.
  • DutskeDutske Posts: 11Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Hi I'm from Belgium and I just bought some DevaCurl products online. Not cheap; but I'm hoping they are worth it! :smile:
    I found a lot on 123hair.nl
    I just got some She Moisture products on sale online. They are great but the shea moisture cocunut smoothie leaves some residue on my hair. 
    Yes, I just got that one too, and had the same experience. I don't know why, but I must not have read the box before I applied it, because it said to section and use "sparingly." So now I'm thinking it might be the case of using too much, and that it just needs more experimenting. 
    @Wildberry I thought the same but It's my second try and is even worse. Usually I can stay 4/5 days w/ washing and now I'm on my third day and my hair is limp and with a very very dirty hair feeling. I hope is just me not getting the right amount of product yet because my hair looks really good and healthier with it on washing day.
    @Rimonsiley I live in Germany so there's dm-drogueries everywhere! and Balea and Alverde are so cheap! I will give them a try :smile:
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Wow!  So many EuroCurlies!  Makes my heart happy! Thanks for joining us! 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • DutskeDutske Posts: 11Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    My first experience with the No-Poo and Heaven in hair from DevaCurl are amazing. My hair is loving the moisture. I now also ordered a conditioner. Looking forward to see what the longer term use is of everything. I want to move away from needing a wash everyday; but at the moment my hair is flat after a night of sleep and gets greasy very fast. But with these new products; I hope to skip at least and day and maybe even more days after a few weeks.
    Can anyone recommend a good chelating shampoo + deep conditioner? I wanna start this treatment to see if my hair can improve a bit (Berlin has really hard water!)
    I'm not stressing about how often I wash at the moment. I'm washing more often than before, because...well, I'm testing stuff, and I get impatient. ;) I used to go 3 days between, but now I shower every day or on the second day, depending on how my hair looks. I just want to try new ways to do my hair with the curly girl method so I can figure out what works best.

It's not that bad to adjust to longer between washes. When I did it before (with sulfates and silicones), I just put my hair up on the second day. When I could go two days without my hair looking oily, I just put my hair up on day three. And after a while, I could go all three days without looking terrible. It's really not a painful process if you just think of it as a hair up day instead of hoping you can wear it down.

I'm pretty sure it will be easier to adjust back to 3 now that I'm off the sulfates, since my scalp isn't stripped of all moisture every time I wash.
  • lucijakordiclucijakordic Posts: 4Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    I’m in Split, Croatia and despite tons of curly-haired women it’s hard to find decent hair care product like I had in California (I have 2C/C/3A hair). I did find out about Lush products on this site and was able to find them in Split and Sarajevo; so far so good. However my day was made when I ordered “Mixed Kids” products from Amazon.co.uk.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file