How can i get my curls back?

PurplecurlyheadPurplecurlyhead Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 2 Curl Neophyte
Im 13 and been through the whole phase of straightening curly hair i straightend my hair for 2 and a half years every single day im in 8th grade now finally i decided to go natural and ever since summer of 2017 and January 2018 (8 months) I've havent touched a straightener since  (thank god)first thing i did was cut my hair since it was long and damaged and ive been using products such as shea moisture coconut curl and hibiscus only the shampoo but i only use it when i need to, the conditioner i use every time i take a shower which is 2-3 times a week i also use the curl enhancing smoothie which i use every time i get out the shower and when i refresh my curls after a day or two. i used a homemade protein treatment for the first time in my life which was pretty good and I've also been using coconut milk ogx conditioner just the conditioner though and my curls are doing MUCH better than when i first went natural i honestly need tips on how to recover my curls and i know i have to be patient which everyone says and its pretty tough lol but yeah i wanted straight hair now i got to face the consequences :/ if you have any tips or ect i would love to hear them
                -ash

Best Answer

• 23echjac23echjac Registered Users Posts: 4 Curl Neophyte
    Accepted Answer
    I feel you! You are not alone. I am 12 going on 13 and i look nothing like my profile picture. I went natural when I was 10 without the big chop. I used to get a lot of perms and then I didn't want those, so I resorted to straightening my hair.I straightened my hair because a lot of kids had straight hair and the 7th grade is hard, but I realized that it caused a lot of breakage. My mom was against my cutting it off so I just transitioned. So what I have to say is basically use a lot of protective styling, but also let your hair breathe. Another tip is to get a trim regularly. I get my hair straightened and trim every 3 months and I wash my hair every three weeks or when it feels really dirty. My hair has gone from ear length to shoulder length with this method. So good luck on your journey!

Answers

• PurplecurlyheadPurplecurlyhead Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 2 Curl Neophyte
    23echjac said:
    I feel you! You are not alone. I am 12 going on 13 and i look nothing like my profile picture. I went natural when I was 10 without the big chop. I used to get a lot of perms and then I didn't want those, so I resorted to straightening my hair.I straightened my hair because a lot of kids had straight hair and the 7th grade is hard, but I realized that it caused a lot of breakage. My mom was against my cutting it off so I just transitioned. So what I have to say is basically use a lot of protective styling, but also let your hair breathe. Another tip is to get a trim regularly. I get my hair straightened and trim every 3 months and I wash my hair every three weeks or when it feels really dirty. My hair has gone from ear length to shoulder length with this method. So good luck on your journey!
    Thanks for replying I'll definitely try out that method! Good luck to you on your hair journey as well!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file