How bad are Treseme products for your hair?

curlymatticurlymatti Posts: 5Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte

Best Answer

Answers

• curlymatticurlymatti Posts: 5Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    I have been told by a lot of stylists that treseme damages hair and is bad for hair..
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,724Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I think that's kind of a generalization. I'm sure there are people who use the Tresemme line who do not have damaged hair.  If you want to try some of their products and you check out the ingredients and they suit you, I think you should go ahead and try them.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • bomegabomega Posts: 1,355Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Also, it looks like the Tresemme Botanique Nourish and Replenish Conditioner is CG-Friendly. In addition, 3/5 of the gels are also CG-Friendly, and the other two are as well if you are ok with Cyclohexasiloxane. There might be other products that are as well - I didn't check them all. Seriously, I can't figure out what that hair dresser is talking about.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Stylists want you to buy their own products.  They make a commission off everything they sell, so they talk trash about drug store products.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Posts: 590Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    huh? I've never heard of such a thing. Tresemme products have been great to my hair, and I've tried pretty much everything. 
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

• larinnalarinna Posts: 16Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
    THANK YOU guys for being honest!   I know stylists/hairdressers are NOT all the same but most of them WANT you to buy...  
    2C-3A Fine, thin density, medium lenght, not sure about porosity
    Co-washing
    Was using chemical hair dye transitioning to natural hair dye
    37 years young Canadian mother of 4 kids (18 yo B, 11 yo B, 9 yo B and 7 yo G)
    LOVES make up, hair trend, theater and music
    English is NOT my first language so I might make some mistakes...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file