Who has used DevaCurl products? What do you think??

curlymatticurlymatti Posts: 5Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
edited January 18 in Hair Type 3
I think it is very expensive but I am kind of wanting to go on a more natural hair journey..... 

Best Answer

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,111Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    My hair didn't like any of the Deva products I tried, and I didn't like the scent or the price. But lots of people love that line!

Answers

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,174Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I only ever used Devacurl products when I got a Devacut and they used it in the salon. While I would say they stylist did a good job and my hair looked good with it, I also did not like the smell, price, and thought it was too goopy. However, as @jeepcurlygurl said, it has its following and people who used them are very happy with it. But if your goal is to go a natural route, you have other option.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut Reishi Nourishing Conditioner, Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    Leave-in: Giovanni Direct Leave-in, Kinky-Curly Knot Today
    Styler: Giovanni LA Natural Gel
    Treatment: daily tea spray, coconut oil overnight treatment, citric acid rinse for hard water, 2-step henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • curry curlscurry curls Posts: 1,069Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I love most of the things I have tried so far.  If I had to pick a favorite, it would be the No Poo Decadence. The B'Leave in would be second.  The products are expensive, so I'm trying to figure out what I absolutely must have in the line.  
    Started CG July 8, 2008

3B

Co-wash: Deva Decadence No Poo
    Rinse out: Deva Decadence One Condition
    Leave-in/Styling: Deva Decadence One Condition, Deva Supercream, and Deva B'leave-in
    Others: ACV rinses and protein treatments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 460Registered Users, Moderators Curl Connoisseur
    I've used quite a few of the products.  The original One Condition  is a must-have for me.  No other conditioner has ever made my hair feel as good as that one does.  I like the low-poo (the original formula), but I don't think the price is worth the product.  I'm still searching for another low-poo.  The Ultra Defining Gel works great in the summer - not so much in the winter.

I do not like the decadence or delight lines.  I don't like the Wavemaker.  The hair spray is awful.  Sometimes I like the B'Leave In, sometimes I don't.

I think it's worth trying if you're interested, but don't expect to love everything. 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2C/3A, fine hair, low density, low porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Noughty Wave Hello Shampoo
    Deva One Condition original formula
    Dippity Do Girls with Curls Gelee (the more I use this, the more I love it!)
  • SavagegirlSavagegirl Posts: 321Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I use Deva sometimes as it is highly accessible. I can't buy my regular products locally so if I forget to place an order and run out... I run over to the beauty supply place and grab some DevaCurl.

I only use the delight line as I find the rest heavy. I have never tried the gels (I am a KCCC addict, that's another brand) but my hair will tolerate the low poo as long as I wash twice. I cannot cannot cowash with Deva. I do like the wavemaker.

__
    2C-3A Fine, medium density, long
    Modified CG Method / Natural Only since 2015
    :thumbright:
    Canadian Mama!
  • SavagegirlSavagegirl Posts: 321Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Oh and the dry shampoo is terrible!! It's like applying pure perfume to your hair. Blah. 
    __
    2C-3A Fine, medium density, long
    Modified CG Method / Natural Only since 2015
    :thumbright:
    Canadian Mama!
  • FlSmidgetFlSmidget Posts: 24Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
    I am like @bomega I only use them when I get a DevaCut at the salon and they use it on me. The Deva No Poo makes my head itch and burn horrible so the salon uses Ouidad Cleansing Conditioner (sorry, I dont remember the exact name). I dont have issues with the other DevaCurl products they use. They are just too expensive for my taste and I dont care for the smell. 
    Been doing GC method on and off for years but finally commited after my first DevaCut on Dec 2, 2017.

Growing out an inverted bob to APL

2c/3a (as it grows) fine, medium density, high porosity(colored final time 1/29/2018)

Ready to embrace my grey!

Central FL

PrePoo - Coconut and Avocado Oil
    Poo - SM C&H, Renpure Coconut Cream* (only poo twice a month)
    NoPoo - As I Am Coconut CoWash*, Renpure Coconut Creme CoWash*
    RO - SM C&H, Renpure Coconut Cream*
    LI - SM C&H Milk, Renpure Whipped Coconut*
    DC - SM Manuka Honey Masque, QP Soy & Argan DC*, Renpure Coconut DC*
    Stylers - SM C&H Milk,  SM CES, Renpure Coconut Jelly*, Eco Olive Oil Gel, Magic Hair Potion(aka Lube)*  
    SO - Grapeseed 
    *HG 
    My hair hates aloe vera gel and juice

Please ignore typing mistakes...post from my phone😃
  • .coconut..coconut. Posts: 11Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    I have tried the gel and even tough it smells very nice, it really dries my hair and I dont think it does much for styling... :/ good luck!
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 1,850Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The only Deva product I used was Wavemaker. I didn't like it; it made my hair dry, frizzy, and sticky. I haven't tried any of the other Deva products because they are generally heavy on protein, and my hair is protein sensitive.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: As I Am; CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel
    Normal- to low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • holliebrekholliebrek Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    edited February 11
    Yikes. The smell is soooo bad it literally made me sick. Couldn’t wait to wash out of my very expensive doo:( sad day 
  • StillunsureonmycurltypeStillunsureonmycurltype Posts: 9Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    If you do plan on buying it, see for sample sizes as it would be a lot cheaper than actually buying the whole line along with the stylers.
  • bright_80bright_80 Posts: 1Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love DevaCurl on my 3a/3b hair. My favorite product is the Light Defining Gel and I use the Curly Girl method of styling. The products are less expensive on Amazon than at a salon. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file