Co-washing between regular washes?

ScottishCurlyScottishCurly Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
I was wondering if anyone could help me out figuring out how to co-wash most usefully between regular shampoo washes. 

As of right now I wash my hair once a week with a sulfate free shampoo and rinse out conditioner, then do the LOC method, and this whole routine is what makes my hair happiest, but I've noticed that later on during the week my curls look less and less defined, so I was thinking about doing a midweek co-wash to refresh my ringlets. 

Here are my questions:

If I co-wash midweek, should I LOC afterwards? Or save that for "full washes" only?

Is co-washing between washes OK for someone with dry scalp? Or would it be best to just use styling products to refresh my curls? 

My Hair Info: 3b/3c curls, low-porosity, high density, fine/medium thickness. 

Thank you!
3b/3c curls, low-porosity, high density, fine/medium thickness. 

Best Answer

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @ScottishCurly : Welcome to nc.com. I think co-washing during the week is common in combination with weekly washes. You will probably have to style (LOC) after, if you want the styled look. Impossible to say how it will affect your scalp - you will have to just try it. Some people with scalp issues have to wash more often...and some people have to wash less.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order

Answers

• ScottishCurlyScottishCurly Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Thank you so much for the advice @bomega xx
    3b/3c curls, low-porosity, high density, fine/medium thickness. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file