How can I get my curls back? :(

paytonlpaytonl Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
hi y'all, I need some help. My hair was always very curly, from 3a-3c all over my head. I recently gained a lot of weight and moved 1000 miles north to a colder climate and my hair is now... maybe 2a? When I wash and diffuse it does get curler but it only lasts a day. I tried washing it the other day with just a clarifying shampoo and putting some conditioner to see what it did naturally. It sprang up okay, I'd say to about a 2c/3a in some areas, but by the next day it was flat and straight. I don't know what's going on! I'm thinking it could be hormonal and due to weight gain, but could that really affect my hair so drastically? Or is it more likely the weather change, from Florida humidity to central Virginia winters? I'm attaching two pics, one right after I cut my hair short and one now, with it highlighted and second day after wash. Please give me any suggestions you have? Hair is low low porosity, HATES protein. I was thinking maybe a Q redew to steam it? Help! 

Answers

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,352Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Hi @paytonl : Welcome to nc.com. I think you nailed it that the humidity in FL was definitely helping your hair stay hydrated. The Q Redew might help.

I'm not sure I'm the best person to ask, because I wash my hair everyday. But since you have ok hair on Day 1, I wonder if you could benefit from night and refresh routines? You said your hair is low porosity, but what is your hair width?
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file