List of issues/bugs/etc from the last few months that I want to revisit.

13»

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    By new I mean I can't start a new discussion. Is this site finished for good? Sad.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • RedTigerRedTiger Registered Users Posts: 8 Curl Novice
    I am also having the same issues recently mentioned…. Can't post a new discussion, can't interact with people's comments (e.g. insightful, agree, LOL) etc. Also can't post salon review in the salon finder tool! I have been trying for a few weeks now... tried different browsers, clearing cache, restarting device, trying different devices. Very frustrating, and no one from admin seems to be responding? I don't know what is going on but I'm bummed about all this!
    CG method, 3b, low porosity
    co-wash: VO5 or Suave coconut conditioner
    conditioner: Jessicurl too shea extra moisturizing conditioner
    styler: Aloe Vera gel or SheaMoisture coconut & hibiscus curl smoothie
    weekly cleanser: currently experimenting with some DIY recipes 
    weekly deep conditioner: Jessicurl deep conditioning treatment
    "protein treatment" (about once a month): SheaMoisture manuka honey & mafura oil intensive hydration masque

• RiverSongWhoRiverSongWho Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 8 Curl Neophyte
    I can not start a new discussion either and I get a "whoops page" when I try to access my profile.
    2B/C - Fine Hair, Low Density, and Normal Porosity
    On the search for very Lightweight products with no glycerin, I live in a very humid and high dew point climate.
  • Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    The moderator tried contacting the owners of the site, but they never responded to her, from what I know. I also tried contacting the site owners via email, and I'm guessing other forum members have too. It's frustrating. Most of the forum members have left the site. If you want additional curly hair help, you could try the Curly Hair board at reddit.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • rabarrabar Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 64 Curl Connoisseur
    I'm done with this forum. The people running this site obviously have problems, but don't seem to care. I guess I shouldn't complain too much, since it was offered for free. Well, it was good while it lasted. Good luck and God bless to all you curlies out there! Good-bye :)
    rabar
    2c/3a/3b, coarse, med-high porosity, medium density
    formerly CG method
  • bomegabomega Registered Users Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    Can't login using the Login button on the side-bar. Have to post to login. A minor problem compared to the epidemic-level redirect and spam link problem Curltalk seems to be havung, but thought I should post this while I'm not being redirected.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • maria_imaria_i Registered Users Posts: 1,765 Curl Connoisseur
    :( How sad.
    3a/b.
    Mexico City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • geminikissgeminikiss Registered Users Posts: 88 Curl Novice
    I’ve been having problems too. I needed to start a new discussion but it’s redirecting me to the top. I don’t know why they haven’t responded. They’re always putting things on Facebook. I wish they would fix it. 😢
    3a, normal porosity, fine texture, normal elasticity
    experimenting with:
    co-wash: suave naturals
    rinse-out: tresemme naturals moisturizing conditioner
    other products: nothing yet

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    I’ve been able to log in today. It’s been months since I’ve been here. I wonder if everything is good now or what.
    I still can't start a new discussion. I'm really sad that I can't participate in that way. What happened? I'm not coming to this site much anymore because I'm so frustrated. I miss you guys :(
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    I miss everyone. Still can't post a new discussion. I think I have to accept that this site is done :( Very sad.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    Today is a rare day that I'm able to login and comment.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    I was able to log in today (miracles) and checking in on activity. There are still so many things lot working correctly or at all (can't delete old threads from my Bookmarks, for example) but at least there are new things to read and I'm able to.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    I was able to log in today (miracles) and I'm checking in on activity. There are still so many things not working correctly or at all (can't delete old threads from my Bookmarks, for example) but at least there are new things to read and I'm able to. I don't know how people are starting new discussions. I am unable to, even when I'm logged in.
  • SavagegirlSavagegirl Registered Users Posts: 383 Curl Connoisseur
    Is anyone else having absolute trouble opening Curltalk entirely, seemingly because of all of these ads suddenly?? It sure turned me off of visiting at all
    __
    2C-3A Fine, medium density, very long
    Modified CG Method / Natural Only since 2015
    Earthtones Naturals Lover
    :thumbright:
    Canadian!!
    Long time user here...These ads are completely out of control!! When did this start? I cannot even add a new discussion in a thread. Is anyone else experiencing this? I also see 8-10 of the same ad on one page, all over, top middle and bottom and there is a large ad covering the bottom of my screen. This is a serious deterrent. Do I need an ad blocker? This is the only web site with so many ads. Even closing and saying the ads cover the content does not make them go away.
    __
    Canadian!!
  • MariosGirlMariosGirl Registered Users Posts: 5 Curl Neophyte
    This entire site is so buggy and filled with so many ads that cover almost entire pages now, I am OUT. I am so SAD that it has turned out this way. And I also emailed Naturallycurly and never got any response. Peace.
    I am leaving this place forever too. I must have scrolled past 30 ads just to get to this comments area....
    __
    Canadian!!
  • Wardaa12Wardaa12 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    I can't find the NEW DISCUSSION button 😑
    @rbb As we were talking about via email, I tried to see what was happening at the NC forums. As has been the case for the last few years, I could login to the home page but couldn't login to the curltalk page. The only way to login is to comment on a thread. So I went to my old thread from January 2018 (!) about all the issues on the forum and from what I can see there has not been anything at all done to fix things. 3 years later and they did nothing! What a shame. To take over a huge, thriving forum with so many members (who shopped here!!), full of so much information, so many friendships made, and to just let it go. It's sad.
  • rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,357 Curl Connoisseur
    i went back and saw my comment did not post. i think it was because i typed out the comment, then signed in with the "comment as" box, and will now re post my comment. it is tricky to get on, and still cannot start a new thread. i agree with all you said, jeep, the loss of this forum, the friendships, the information about hair and about new products and new ways to use products, which of course got us over to curlmart to shop, which was good and bad!. would love to hear from some of the members again.. assuming of course they got our messages, and are able t get onto the site.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • kittykat3kittykat3 Registered Users Posts: 65 Curl Connoisseur
    The only way to post a new topic for me was to use chrome and "inspect" the dropdown element and look for the bit of code that had the link to make a new post. Very annoying
  • SisterClaySisterClay Registered Users Posts: 48 Curl Connoisseur
    I can't find a way to start a thread. I've tried in 2 different browsers and on my cell phone... Also, when on my computer, the ads take up art least 50% of my screen...it's ridiculous.
    4a all the way...extra thick

"In its unlocked/unbraided state, type 4 hair is known to shrink up to 75% of the actual hair length."
    --Yeah right, it's more like 95%.

http://public.fotki.com/SisterClay/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's been awhile so I thought I would pop in to see if the forums were still here! I was actually able to log in easily for the first time in years. And also leave a comment and I even see that the New Discussion button seems to be working! I'm one of the old timers here and I miss the "old days" when these forums were super active. But I'm happy that they at least seem to be working better than they have in a long time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file