List of issues/bugs/etc from the last few months that I want to revisit.

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Gretchen said:
    Guide 65 said:
    Oh my gosh....I get nothing but white on that page.  Is the grey indicating no new posts?  I don't have that, and I really want it.  All I get is a huge field of white.

OMG. Do you also see the header laid down over the top of the forums like that? Ugh. PC Windows 10 Firefox? 
    No, I think that was a glitch when I took the screen shot.  It's usually up at the top where it should be.  But there is no way to tell what has new activity and what doesn't.  It's just all white, the whole way down, all the time.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • AmylizabethAmylizabeth Registered Users Posts: 56 Curl Connoisseur
    Anyone else still having issues trying to upload a new profile pic/avatar?  I get the notification that my changes have been saved, but the new picture isn't showing up, and for some reason it keeps changing my location to the USA?
    2C Fine, long hair, a ton of it. Blonde balayage. East Coast Canadian. 

Wash: Live Clean Fresh Water Hydrating Shampoo
    Monthly Scalp Cleanse: Baking Soda/Conditioner/Peppermint Essential Oil
    CO: Garnier Whole Blends Legendary Olive Conditioner
    Styling: Devacurl Volumizing Foam, Devacurl Wave Maker, Garnier Curl Treat Jelly
    Refresh Day: Klorane Dry Shampoo with Nettle, Devacurl Supercream
    Deep Condition: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Yogurt Treatment

My whole wash routine is upside-down... detangling, rinsing, applying products, scrunching, diffusing... the bigger the waves, the better!  
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    @Amylizabeth I just tried and I could change my avatar. But I had issues with it for a long time and @Gretchen fixed it for me so hopefully she can get yours fixed also. 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • wavywendalinwavywendalin Registered Users Posts: 79 Curl Connoisseur
    website won't let me post a new discussion or question! Trying to post a new thread in general discussion about recent frizz issues I've been having. Have tried both in Chrome and Safari. Any suggestions??
    2c/3a
    CG since March 2011

Cleanser: DevaCurl No-Poo
    Rinse-out/Leave-in: Trader Joe's Tea Tree condish, GVP conditioning balm, Tresemme naturals
    Gel: LA Looks Sport Gel
    @wavywendalin, they may have been doing some work to the site when you tried to post.  Something similar happened last weekend.  It's usually just a temporary glitch.  Give it a try again, and if you're still having problems let me know.
    Current products:
  • wavywendalinwavywendalin Registered Users Posts: 79 Curl Connoisseur
    thank you! you're right, I just tried and it finally worked.
    2c/3a
    CG since March 2011

Cleanser: DevaCurl No-Poo
    Rinse-out/Leave-in: Trader Joe's Tea Tree condish, GVP conditioning balm, Tresemme naturals
    Gel: LA Looks Sport Gel
  • DarkghettounicornDarkghettounicorn Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 5 Curl Neophyte
    edited April 2019
    @Guide 65 i'm experiencing that same problem, it's been a week and i tried every day to post my question on different browsers, and it still doesn't work :(

Update it's fine, i think i needed to comment to allow some access so i could post, sorry  :#
    edited May 2019
    testing. 

Don't know why the top of the page shows me signed in as @ivandev.  I still seem to be posting as myself.
    Current products:
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    You you are Ivandev, I am ivandev. We are all ivandev.
    but seriously, I am getting it too, Guide.
    Funny! But now I can't click your LOL button. When I do, I get a "permission denied" page. Apparently I need javascript enabled. Never needed that before, don't know why I do now.
    Current products:
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,169 Curl Virtuoso
    I too am ivandev. And I have the bottom half of the page covered by an ad, barely any room to read any posts.
    3b in South Australia.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    Ugh. Back in the day, when the then owners of NaturallyCurly really cared about the forums, issues were quickly fixed. Now I think we will eventually be abandoned all together.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    I still can't click any buttons, but if I could, I would have clicked your "agree" button @jeepcurlygurl .
    Current products:
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,169 Curl Virtuoso
    ^Me too - having the same issue.
    3b in South Australia.
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    I do not have security clearance to agree to any of you. Also was redirected to spam site twice today.
  • BarelyThereWavyHairBarelyThereWavyHair Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 37 Curl Connoisseur
    Ugh, I am also ivandev. I guess it's better than nothing, though, since I haven't been able to post since I believe around April. I do think the forums were hacked, as I tried to access it on mobile one day and was sent to a page about winning a visa card (now I'm hoping my phone doesn't explode :P ). Really frustrated about all these issues and wish we could get some answers. Hope all is well with your curls as we enter spring and that maybe whoever owns/is in charge of the forums can solve at least some of the major issues.
    2a/2b wavy hair 
    Shampoo- Hask Coconut Milk & Honey Curl Care (Experimenting w/ this)
    Clarifying Shampoo- Suave Daily Clarifying (once every 2-4 weeks)
    Conditioner- Garnier Fructis 1 Minute Mask (Avacado)
    Styler- ECO Gel (Krystal), Garnier Pure Clean Gel
    Open to suggestions/help with my temperamental waves!
    **Couldn't really think of anything else to cover my face in my profile pic so I went w/ a Capybara**
    "Qué estás haciendo con tu pelo?"-My grandma

• Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    I am getting the ivandev thing too. And the permission problems when I try to like a post. The ads are getting out of hand. I have a very large monitor (I use my desktop for browsing), and SO MUCH SPACE is taken up by the ads. On a phone it would be impossible. And there are some suspicious-looking ads, with lots of animation, saying to click on the ad to get your free prize.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
    List of bugs I've noticed recently: Everyone appears to be signed in as ivandev New Discussion button doesn't work voting buttons at the bottom of posts don't work Options button next to posts (for edit and delete) don't work Notifications don't seem to be working Post counts aren't working - new posters show as having 0 posts Reports of redirects Reports of spammy-type ads (I use ad block so I don't see any ads) Spam is coming through again and I can't delete because the options button doesn't work Have I missed anything?
    Current products:
    And a new one - formatting has been affected. Sorry for the mess of words above - can't fix it because the editing is broken.
    Current products:
  • Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    I can't think of anything else. That's quite a list!
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    I can't post anything!!! I want to start a new discussion and when I click new discussion nothing happens. I am so frustrated with the bugs on this site - and I love nc.com but I'm almost ready to give up.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • _Midnight_Midnight Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10 Curl Neophyte
    I’m not allowed to post new discussions and I’m not sure why. It’s as though the new discussion button is broken . I’ve tried on web and mobile
    I haven't been able to login for weeks!!! I couldn't comment, contact users, I got no replies to emails. It wasn't easy logging in right now but at least after doing the "comment as" trick I was finally logged in. This is not good people!! After 15 years here, I am going to be upset if they just let this go the way of the dodo bird.
    New things that I can't do now. The "mark all as read" button has disappeared. When you click on the Account Options button, it used to drop down and that's where it was. Now when you click that button it takes you to my Edit Profile page. I can't un-bookmark any of my bookmarks. So annoying.
  • emcglashanemcglashan Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    When I click the "new discussion" button it just takes me back to the top of the page and nothing happens. This is both on desktop and on mobile. I'd also love to not have to have adblock activated on this website but there's an ad that takes up the whole bottom third of my 15" monitor which makes it very hard to actually view any pages on the website.
    When I click the "new discussion" button it just takes me back to the top of the page and nothing happens. This is both on desktop and on mobile. I'd also love to not have to have adblock activated on this website but there's an ad that takes up the whole bottom third of my 15" monitor which makes it very hard to actually view any pages on the website.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    I still can't post anything new. What has happened to this site? What is wrong? HELP!!!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file