What’s my hair type?

CdalyCdaly Posts: 10Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte

Best Answer

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    It looks like 3c to me. Might be 4a, but I'd put my money on 3c. However, if you are looking to figure out how to care for and style your hair, you might want to figure out your other hair properties (hair width, porosity, density). There is a guide in the newbie threads that might be helpful. These properties are more important in determining what products and techniques are most helpful.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order

Answers

• Trarod1979Trarod1979 Posts: 1Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your hair type looks more like 3B. 3c and 4a are tighter curls/
  • StillunsureonmycurltypeStillunsureonmycurltype Posts: 92Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Definitely not a 4a, since your curls are a lot bigger than 4a, which are pen spring/ coffee stirrer size based on the desc of what 4a is.

Now can I determine which of the curlier 3s you are? Sadly no😭
  • StraightPassingStraightPassing Posts: 86Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I know 3b curls (I'm a mix of 3a and b with some 2c) are about the size of a sharpie while I think 3c are about the size of a pencil,so I would say closer to 3c personally, but as others have said porosity, density etc are far more important. :) Your hair is looking great right now, but it could even be that once you really find what your hair loves and what moisturises it better, your pattern will change agaua. Generally though as your hair heakth improves things like density and porosity particularly tend to remain constant so better to focus on those. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file