3b/3c how to maintain the frizz?!?

TutilinavTutilinav Posts: 7Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I live in Israel where there's a lot of humidity
my hair is basically out of control. It filled with frizz and it's so dry. 
In Israel we don't have all the products that I need to get the curls I want. 
Do u have any suggestions?

Best Answers

• sgathachsgathach Posts: 5Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Accepted Answer
    The only thing I can think of is natural oils. I'm pretty new so forgive me but...uhm, I remember reading that once you wash your hair put oil in it to seal in the moisture right away, don't wait for it to try. The good healthy oils weight it down a little and keep away some of the frizz. Now it's just a matter of what oils!
  • bomegabomega Posts: 1,171Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    edited January 16 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Tutilinav : Welcome to nc.com. You came to the right place to learn about how to deal with your curls. There are a lot of resources around nc.com, Curltalk, and on the internet for how to do it. For starters, can you try to figure out your hair properties (hair width, porosity, and density)? These properties are important to trying to identify which products and techniques are best for your hair.

In the mean time, can you also take stock of the current hair products, and identify if you are using non-water-soluable silicones and sulfates, and which products have them (shampoo, conditioners, leave-ins, gels, stylers, masques...all of it.) This can be tedious, but if you are struggling with dry hair, it will be best to eliminate the non-water-soluable silicones. To identify if a silicone, please see this article (which also lists exceptions): Silicone Ingredient Solubility List

Finally I agree with @sgathach that oil treatment and conditioning will help. If you want, you can start experimenting with that right away. Just be sure that if you buy an oil in the body care aisle (rather than the grocery aisle) to make sure it doesn't have silicones!

Let us know, and we'll help you out. :)
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut Reishi Nourishing Conditioner, Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    Leave-in: Giovanni Direct Leave-in, Kinky-Curly Knot Today
    Styler: Giovanni LA Natural Gel
    Treatment: daily tea spray, coconut oil overnight treatment, citric acid rinse for hard water, 2-step henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
    Accepted Answer
    For a deep treatment, coconut oil and olive oil are good ones to start out experimenting with. To do the treatment, apply to hair, leave on at least an hour, and ideally overnight, then wash with shampoo/conditioner.
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut Reishi Nourishing Conditioner, Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    Treatment: daily tea spray, coconut oil overnight treatment, citric acid rinse for hard water, 2-step henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

Answers

• TutilinavTutilinav Posts: 7Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    bomegasgathach thank u both very much. 
    would any of u recommend any spesific oil?
  • TutilinavTutilinav Posts: 7Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    bomegasgathach thank u both very much. 
    would any of u recommend any spesific oil?
    I like coconut oil treatments at night, but many people prefer olive oil. Here is an interesting oil blend recipe on the Sciency Hair Blog you might want to try: http://science-yhairblog.blogspot.com/2013/10/whats-cookin-oil-blend-recipe-for-hair.html

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file