What is my hair type based on these pictures?

drodridrodri Posts: 7Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
edited January 2018 in Hair Type 3
1. How would you describe my hair? What is the texture? How fine or thick is it?

2. In these pictures, my hair is about 3 inches long.....Currently, I want to let it grow all year round. HOW do you think my hair will look when it grows about 8 inches or 12 inches or if my hair gets to my neck? 

To me, it SEEMS impossible to imagine how my hair will look since I have never let my hair grow longer than 3 inches and now I want to let it grow as long as it can grow for 2018. I want to let it grow to the point where the hair hangs on its own because of how long it will be.

Answers

• WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Posts: 853Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Sorry but none of us can tell by a photo.  You have to do the research knowing how you own hair acts
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
  • SavagegirlSavagegirl Posts: 379Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It might be hard to tell until you get some growth! Mine doesn't start really curling until about 2 inches down
    __
    2C-3A Fine, medium density, long
    Modified CG Method / Natural Only since 2015
    :thumbright:
    Canadian Mama!
  • drodridrodri Posts: 7Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    edited January 2018
    Sorry but none of us can tell by a photo.  You have to do the research knowing how you own hair acts
  • drodridrodri Posts: 7Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    edited January 2018
    It might be hard to tell until you get some growth! Mine doesn't start really curling until about 2 inches down
  • bomegabomega Posts: 1,355Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Hi @drodri : Welcome to nc.com. Yeah, I agree that it is very difficult/impossible to tell the texture from a photo. There is a guide in the newbie threads that has a guidelines, but even that is kind of iffy. I would venture to guess that your curl patter in 2a-2b, but even that is difficult to tell based on the way you style it. In addition, curl pattern often changes (in either direction) as the hair grows on many people.

If you were interested in learning more about your hair and how to care for it, there is a hair analysis report you can buy from Goosefootprints on Etsy. You send her hair samples (according to her directions) and she will send back photos under a microscope, your hair properties, and some product/guidelines that might help you with your goals. I have never done this, but I really want to.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file