Microblading eyebrows/eyebrow embroidery

Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 447Registered Users, Moderators Curl Connoisseur
Has anyone had this done?  I'm seriously considering it.  I love when my eyebrows are "done" with makeup.  It's such a subtle change, but it adds a lot to the whole look.  But I'm lazy, and constantly running late for work, so I rarely bother anymore.  So I'm thinking of getting this semi-permanent process done.

Have you done it?  Considered it?  Any tips for me?  Around here, I can get it done at a medi-spa (there are TONS of these places all over), or from a tattoo artist, or from a cosmetic surgeon's office (not done by a doctor, but under a doctor's supervision).  I'm not sure which way to go, but I'm leaning toward the tattoo place.
Formerly known as Janiegirl
2C/3A, fine hair, low density, low porosity, protein loving hair
Current products:
Noughty Wave Hello Shampoo
Deva One Condition original formula
Dippity Do Girls with Curls Gelee (the more I use this, the more I love it!)

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,085Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    If it's done at a tattoo parlor, how would it be semi-permanent? Anything permanent would be scary to me. And anything that might make me lose my own eyebrows would be scary to me too.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey. Yes, it's in the senior section. : / -- https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 447Registered Users, Moderators Curl Connoisseur
    As I understand it, it’s similar to tattooing, but the ink is deposited shallowly into the skin, so it’ll fade after about 3 years. It looks a lot more natural than regular tattooed makeup.  And I don’t think you lose your own eyebrows, it just fills them in. 
    Current products:
    edited January 14
    This is one of the people I’m considering going to
    https://www.facebook.com/kdtbeauty/
    Current products:
  • ellajellaj Posts: 628Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I need to get out more. This is something new to me, @Guide 65 so I can't offer up any valuable advice. The before and after photos are impressive. I would choose to have it done at the cosmetic surgeons office.

"Hey, curls are people, too"

Type: 2c/3a
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,152Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Hi @Guide 65 : I remember reading about it, and the article made me feel really grateful I liked my eyebrows. I can understand wanting to do something like this. If it was me, I would go to a medispa, unless you got a specific referral from someone you knew in real life (who's eyebrows you saw IRL) who had it done and it looks good.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut Reishi Nourishing Conditioner, Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    Leave-in: Giovanni Direct Leave-in, Kinky-Curly Knot Today, Alaffia Beautiful Curls for Wavy/Curly Hair
    Styler: Giovanni LA Natural Gel
    Treatment: daily tea spray, coconut oil overnight treatment, citric acid rinse, 2-step henndigo with amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • SavagegirlSavagegirl Posts: 321Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I know a few women who have done this but the finished product, quite frankly, is not something I would want to see in the mirror. To me it looks fake but I'm definitely more of a naturalist.
    __
    2C-3A Fine, medium density, long
    Modified CG Method / Natural Only since 2015
    :thumbright:
    Canadian Mama!
    Yeah, I've seen some before/afters that were just awful.  I think picking the right person to do the job is critical.  That's why I'm taking my time, not jumping in.  It's semi-permanent...but still, 3 years is a long time to go with bad eyebrows!
    Current products:
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 9,287Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    ellaj said:
    I need to get out more. This is something new to me, @Guide 65 so I can't offer up any valuable advice. 
    What she said. I'm so old. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file