Microblading eyebrows/eyebrow embroidery

Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,155Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
Has anyone had this done?  I'm seriously considering it.  I love when my eyebrows are "done" with makeup.  It's such a subtle change, but it adds a lot to the whole look.  But I'm lazy, and constantly running late for work, so I rarely bother anymore.  So I'm thinking of getting this semi-permanent process done.

Have you done it?  Considered it?  Any tips for me?  Around here, I can get it done at a medi-spa (there are TONS of these places all over), or from a tattoo artist, or from a cosmetic surgeon's office (not done by a doctor, but under a doctor's supervision).  I'm not sure which way to go, but I'm leaning toward the tattoo place.
Formerly known as Janiegirl
2C/3A, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
Current products:
Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
Curl Junkie Pattern Pusha
Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,509Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    If it's done at a tattoo parlor, how would it be semi-permanent? Anything permanent would be scary to me. And anything that might make me lose my own eyebrows would be scary to me too.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,155Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    As I understand it, it’s similar to tattooing, but the ink is deposited shallowly into the skin, so it’ll fade after about 3 years. It looks a lot more natural than regular tattooed makeup.  And I don’t think you lose your own eyebrows, it just fills them in. 
    Current products:
    edited January 14
    This is one of the people I’m considering going to
    https://www.facebook.com/kdtbeauty/
    Current products:
  • ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I need to get out more. This is something new to me, @Guide 65 so I can't offer up any valuable advice. The before and after photos are impressive. I would choose to have it done at the cosmetic surgeons office.

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Hi @Guide 65 : I remember reading about it, and the article made me feel really grateful I liked my eyebrows. I can understand wanting to do something like this. If it was me, I would go to a medispa, unless you got a specific referral from someone you knew in real life (who's eyebrows you saw IRL) who had it done and it looks good.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • SavagegirlSavagegirl Posts: 363Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I know a few women who have done this but the finished product, quite frankly, is not something I would want to see in the mirror. To me it looks fake but I'm definitely more of a naturalist.
    __
    2C-3A Fine, medium density, long
    Modified CG Method / Natural Only since 2015
    :thumbright:
    Canadian Mama!
    Yeah, I've seen some before/afters that were just awful.  I think picking the right person to do the job is critical.  That's why I'm taking my time, not jumping in.  It's semi-permanent...but still, 3 years is a long time to go with bad eyebrows!
    Current products:
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,501Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    ellaj said:
    I need to get out more. This is something new to me, @Guide 65 so I can't offer up any valuable advice. 
    What she said. I'm so old. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • frizzfullsamifrizzfullsami Posts: 8Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    @Guide 65” Microblading and Tattooing on eyebrows are different just for your understanding. Microblading is where they make shallow cuts in the skin and pour the ink/dye into your skin. Microblading tends to last about 2-4 years depending on how you take care of them, and you do need to take care of them. Sleeping on your face or rubbing at the area in general is a no no because it can fade. I myself have wanted to get microblading but honestly for the price and hassle of it (i’m a face sleeper) it didn’t seem to be worth it. 

Now tattooing your eyebrows on is just that, they are tattooed on, permanent. There is no such thing as a semi permanent tattoo, what that is would be microblading. One main problem with tattooing your eyebrows on is that tattoo ink differs from microblading and the Dye-lots in tattoo in fade into that classic blue/green tinge that you see on most people with tattoos. Where microblading won’t do that because the ink itself, is designed to dissipate under your skin and fade. It also has to do with the fact that microblading is just going through the first or second layer of skin whereas tattoo guns go deep down past the dermis for staying power. Now, like microblading tattooing can be touched up but be aware that if they do turn out not to your liking that that is a permanent facial tattoo you now are dealing with.

Hope this helps!! If you do decide to get either one done hope it goes well!! 
     :)  :) :)
    Interesting.  Thank you!  I definitely won't be tattooing my eyebrows.  The permanence of it scares me and it always looks so fake.  I like the look of microblading (when it's done well).  It looks natural, and even if it turns out bad, it'll still fade over time.  I'm still not sure it's worth the money for me though.  I don't really need any corrections in my brow shape, just a little fill in.  It seems like such a lot of money.
    Current products:
    There is some kind of shading that can be done too instead of microblading
    __
    Canadian Mama!
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Posts: 822Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    What type of eyebrow products do you use now?  Have you tried the mascara type products that seem more like a quick swipe, rather than a pencil?
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
    For myself, I like the pixi brow duo. Its an angle pencil type thing that comes with a gel. It comes in subtle lighter colours and is super easy to apply. If you want darker you just apply more then seal it with gel. Lasts all day for sure. No pencil lines and very natural looking. It is great if you have a nice shape already and just need some shading.
    __
    Canadian Mama!
    I don't use anything right now.  I'm always in a hurry to get to work, so I skip the brows.  When I have the time, I use Anastasia powder or gel with an angled brush.  The mascara type doesn't really do much for me.  That's why microblading is so appealing - I can have nice brows every day without doing anything!
    Current products:
    Can you get them dyed?  Do you think that would work?  If they can dye eyelashes, I would think brows are possible.
    2b, 2c,

Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
    You can get your brows dyed for sure. My problem is that the colour is fine, but they are not very full. Colouring doesnt make them fuller but a quick brush of powder or pixi brush does the trick. 
    __
    Canadian Mama!
    @Guide 65

I just saw an advertisement for this. 

https://www.maybelline.com/eye-makeup/eyebrow-makeup/tattoostudio-waterproof-eyebrow-gel

It is supposed to last for 2 days, so you would be able to do it at night.
    2b, 2c,

Microblading Fading Isn't Predictable, One Writer Learned - FLARE
    __
    Canadian Mama!
  • ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Microblading Fading Isn't Predictable, One Writer Learned - FLARE
      Probably best not to go this route. 

Type: 2c
    Density: medium