New and need help

chipmunkmafiachipmunkmafia Registered Users Posts: 12
I dont even know what type my hair is. I'm not sure if it's just a huge frizzball or if i'm wavy or curly. i have no clue how to take care of it, and whenever i try and brush it out and get nice waves, i just end up with straight hair. Help?
here are some pictures of before i grew it out
1e0fc342.jpg
000_0113.jpg

in between
000_1179.jpg

and where i'm at now
(Products ... which made my hair nasty to touch)
000_1919.jpg

(normal)
000_1876.jpg

any suggestions?
2a
Mane 'n Tail shampoo and conditioner
Have no clue what i'm doing lol

Comments

• ycats93921ycats93921 Registered Users Posts: 60
    your hair is ADORABLE! [It looked sooo cute short] but very romantic when long :] you are most likely a 3a [is your hair thick?] whatever you are doing with your hair now seems to work... you look gorgeous
    CG since 5/07 2C/3A currently using: jessicurl, Tigi Catwalk, re:coil and many more... proud to be a PJ!
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    :shock: You have beautiful hair! I want it. I think you're a 2c. Welcome to the boards =] What is your current routine? If you want better curl definition, I reccomend reading the book Curly Girl by Lorrainne Massey. It has a lot of information and tips for curls and waves.
    3b-3c CG
  • chipmunkmafiachipmunkmafia Registered Users Posts: 12
    my hair is thick, and i tried to put some layers in it, but i think i put too little cause it just made the ends poofy, but yea it's gunna be hard to tell which is which, so i'll go with a combo!
    2a
    Mane 'n Tail shampoo and conditioner
    Have no clue what i'm doing lol
  • waterlily716waterlily716 Registered Users Posts: 781
    I agree that you have wavy hair- possibly 2c when shorter. You can read more about the hairtypes on NC here:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curl411/types.php
    I also agree with checking out the book "curly girl". Basically it talks about not shampooing curly hair. It also has awesome recipies and other tips. No-pooing may not work for you if you have an oily scalp, but here are the modified directions from curly girl for wavy hair (at bottom of page):
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/viewtopic.php?t=97420
    How do you apply products and what products do you use? Your hair may feel gross if you use too much or too heavy product or if you use it when your hair is dry. I suggest using a light gel (maybe Herbal Essences Totally Twisted?) OR a leave in (L'oreal out of bed weightless texturizer?) and scruching it in when your hair is wet. Then most curlies air dry, plop, or diffuse:
    For air drying try not to touch your hair until it dries and that's basically it.
    Plopping is where you put you hair up in a microfiber towel or t-shirt for added volume at the roots and quicker drying time. Learn more here:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlcolumns/articles.php?id=140
    Diffusing is using a blowdryer with a sock or bowl diffuser. The diffuser reduces frizz and adds definition. Watch the video about diffusers here:
    http://jessicurl.com/Demo-Videos-p-6.html
    Most people use a combination of all three of these processes to dry their hair. After puting in styling products on sopping wet hair I scrunch some of the wetness out with a t-shirt. Then I plop for about 20 minutes while doing makeup, contacts, etc. Then if I have time (never happens) I blowdry my hair untill almost dry and air dry the rest of the way. Most of the time I airdry after plopping. Also, you will never be able to brush out your hair dry and keep your waves. Check out the other boards, especially the 2c one, for better instructions and more product ideas. Just keep trying and eventually you'll have great hair!
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    3a/b low to normal porosity curls
    CG method since 2006 @:-)
    CO wash: suave naturals coconut
    rinse out CO: GVP conditioning balm
    stylers: KCNT, CK, jessicurl spiralicious
    @waterlily716 on YouTube, FB, & Twitter
    Blog: Curls and Blossoms

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights