shampoo and co wash???

star99star99 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 7 Curl Neophyte
Hi, I’m new to the curly girl method and am super excited to start this hair journey but I’m super confused on a couple things. I just bought some new products. I bought the renpure coconut water hydrating shampoo (which has cocamidopropyl betaine) and the renpure nourishing coconut MILK conditioner. Now my question is this shampoo would it be considered a clarifying one since it has cocamidopropyl betaine in it? Is that what makes a clarifying shampoo clarifying? And I only use a clarifying shampoo once in awhile for build up? Other wise I will just be co washing on the regular or as needed? 

Answers

• GlamourstruckkGlamourstruckk Registered Users Posts: 312 Curl Connoisseur
    Cocamidopropyl Betaine is a gentle cleanser, more gentle than the sulfates you avoid on the curly girl method. You'd need something with a stronger cleanser to clarify. Just pick up a shampoo that says clarifying in the title. I'm not a cowasher so someone else could answer that part of your question.

Kayla

Youtube - Website
    4b/Density:iii/Strands:Fine, MBL
  • bomegabomega Registered Users Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    Hi @star99 : I responded on your other thread. But you might want to checkout the two threads below for more info about the CG Method (the Rockyn Curls website really helped me get started):
    http://rockyncurls.blogspot.com/2016/02/curly-girl-method-steps.html
    http://rockyncurls.blogspot.com/2016/05/helpful-cg-blogswebsites.html

Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file