How do YOU sleep?

jaymejojosjaymejojos Posts: 4Registered Users Curl Neophyte
So I usually like to take a shower and wash my hair before bed - not the best idea I know - but since I already have to get up at 5 in the morning (with no shower) I value my sleep time way too much to get up an extra 30-60 minutes early to wash and style my hair.  
SOOOO ....
How do you sleep at night without destroying your curls?! I currently defuse my hair until right before it starts to get dry and then sleep on a silk pillow but I still seem to wake up with a head of frizz. Any suggestions?

Answers

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 989Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I wash at night too because a shower in the morning is not the life I want to live and my hair takes four or more hours to dry. I combine several techniques.
    1. I use a hard hold gel while styling and then let my hair air dry. (I wash my hair on days that I will have time to air dry before bed).
    2. With the crunchy hair I flip my head over and tie a satin scarf around it. Then I sleep on a satin pillow case.
    This seems to work for me. I can't go to bed with wet hair because that seems to create frizz. This is just what helps me get ready for "first" day hair the next morning.
    Have you tried pineappling in addition to the satin pillow case? Your hair may be rubbing against your covers creating frizz.
  • bomegabomega Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    edited January 9
    Well...I wash in the morning. But here is a guide that might help from real life+curly girl: Sleeping in the Crunch.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,681Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I wash at night but early enough that my hair is completely dry before I go to bed or it would be a real mess in the morning. I usually just put it up in a pineapple for 1st day hair and a loose braid for 2nd-3rd day hair.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file