Oprah for president?

GretchenGretchen AdministratorPosts: 10,124Administrators, Moderators Administrator
After her speech at the Golden Globes last night, there are renewed calls for her to run for president in 2020.
Thoughts? 

Gretchen
NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
3A

You are beautiful!

Comments

• ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    She would get my vote.

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,352Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Yes. Definitely.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,394Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I don't really know where she stands on many issues, so it would depend on that and on who else was running. But without even knowing any of that, she would be a billion trillion zillion times better than what we have now.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,631Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    sure she'd be a vast improvement on what you have now, but she also has no political experience, and remember...  she's responsible for Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil! ugh!
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    edited January 12
    rouquinne said:
    sure she'd be a vast improvement on what you have now, but she also has no political experience, and remember...  she's responsible for Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil! ugh!
    I don't mind Dr. Oz so much. I don't watch his show anymore, it's a busy time of day around the house when he is on. Dr. Phil? I am with you @rouquinneUgh!

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,352Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Oprah distanced herself from Dr. Phil I think 10 years ago. This isn't the first time we have had as president an actor (Reagan) or someone inexperienced (George Bush, Jr., although he did serve as governor of Texas for 1 term before becoming president, I don't think he could be called experienced by usual standards). However, having a reality TV star with zero political experience as a president has really set the bar low for what qualifies as political experience. I suspect Oprah believes that the president's office should have someone with political experience, but I actually think she would make a great leader for this country.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,394Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Thankfully she has said she isn't running. Hopefully we can find another intelligent, forward thinking woman with lots of political experience to run. Hillary got robbed. Just sayin'. 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • AngelaE9999AngelaE9999 Posts: 132Registered Users Curl Novice
    I don't think Oprah would have politics that I agree with, but one thing I do like about Donald Trump having run for President is that this "opened up" the Presidency to a lot more interested people.  We got to a point where everyone thought you had to have "political experience" in order to run for President.  The Constitution says absolutely nothing about that; it spells out what the requirements are and I believe the Founding Fathers wanted "regular people" to run, not just politicians. 

I would applaud people such as Oprah running for President.  I hear she isn't planning on it, but we may now get quite a few more "non politicians" running and that is a positive, in my book.
  • AngelaE9999AngelaE9999 Posts: 132Registered Users Curl Novice
    Thankfully she has said she isn't running. Hopefully we can find another intelligent, forward thinking woman with lots of political experience to run. Hillary got robbed. Just sayin'. 
    I can count on ONE HAND the number of women who were in the "Vice President" or "President" spot on the ticket.  One hand.  I don't believe there is a "glass ceiling" holding all the women down; I think there just haven't been ENOUGH women running as of now.  If there were five or fewer men who ever ran for President, you might see the same thing happening with the men. We've had thousands of men who have signed up to run for President while we have had very, very few women.   Like all of you, I would like to see an intelligent woman for President someday.  No, I don't agree with Hillary's politics, so I did not vote for her.  But I'd gladly vote for a Conservative intelligent woman.  
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,124Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    I would also like to see an intelligent, experienced woman run for president. Again.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    I don't think people HAVE to have political experience to run for President. But I prefer my politicians to have some political experience. Kind of like I prefer my electrician to have wiring experience. 
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,019Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Agree with Jeepy absolutely.  I think Oprah is too smart to let her ego convince her to run when she has no political experience whatsoever.  I think in most of life, experience is the best teacher.  On the other hand, she is brilliant at facilitating agreement between people who fiercely disagree, and that would be a great asset in negotiating.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • bobbybobby Posts: 712Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    She is a great speaker and a far better humanitarian than Trump but I think having a celebrity as president has been a failed experiment. The problem I see is, she would have no more grasp on the reality of dealing with Congress as he does. 
    2B always with potential of white man's fro

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/bobby-albums-my-album.html

"Curls aren't just for girls"
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,124Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    bobby said:
    She is a great speaker and a far better humanitarian than Trump but I think having a celebrity as president has been a failed experiment. The problem I see is, she would have no more grasp on the reality of dealing with Congress as he does. 
    I think you're probably right. Experience matters. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • bobbybobby Posts: 712Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Gretchen said:
    bobby said:
    I think you're probably right. Experience matters. 
    Exactly, president/politics is one job you do not want to hire someone that has to do on the job training. 
    2B always with potential of white man's fro

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/bobby-albums-my-album.html

"Curls aren't just for girls"
  • hmkennyhmkenny Posts: 1,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Oprah's speech was very inspirational.  We need powerful voices like hers these days, BUT, she never intimated that she would run and she has since publicly declared that should would not.   Funny how 45 mean tweeted her shortly after the speculative hoopla about her running.  I forget what exactly he said but it was mean; he must have felt an inkling of threat.   She's a woman, she's smart, she's black, she's incredibly successful, and probably wealthier than him.   His head would have exploded if she ran.  I can imagine him stalking her on the debate stage and her shutting him down.  She'd cut him off left and right, lol.
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file