Working out with natural hair

TakniiTaknii Curl NeophytePosts: 27Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hi! In my college, I just enrolled in an exercise class that happens on Mondays and Wednesdays (so. tomorrow lol) and I need to figure out how to wear my hair so that it doesn't get messed up. 
I have type 4 combo hair. I wear braid outs usually, and my hair is tapered. (The back and sides are usually just twists since its short). I can buy a satin headband today maybe? And just tie the top up? I saw some people wear baseball caps at the gym so maybe that? Or both? I'm not even sure. What do you guys think is best?

Answers

• ellajellaj Curl Virtuoso Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I like the baseball cap idea, @Taknii;)

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• bomegabomega Curl Virtuoso Posts: 1,355Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    @Taknii :  I don't have a strategy for you - they both sound like a good idea. I guess what feels more comfortable to you. But maybe you should come back and let us know what worked for you...to help us out? ;)
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file