gray/white hair fussy, cj spiral lotion!!!

rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,356 Curl Connoisseur
i have two sections of hair that are very white and absolutely do not hold moisture, even with sealing.  

however, i recently bought curl junkie spiral lotion styling creme, and it totally transforms my hair, even the problem areas are not a problem.  the great thing about this spiral lotion is it can be used on either wet or dry hair, so if i want, i can just apply it to those areas after it is dry.   but i so love the way it makes my hair silky, yes, gray/white hair silky, that i use it on wet hair.   

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: curl junkie 
sealants - jane carter nourish & shine

Comments

• ellajellaj Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 826 Curl Virtuoso
    I am so happy for you @rbb! We both know how fussy and outright demanding graying\silvering\whitening hair can be. If you are experiencing silkiness I am interested.

I keep coming across the "curl junkie" product name, here. Do you think the spiral lotion styling creme would be light enough for my wispy silvers? 

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,356 Curl Connoisseur
    yes, it is light enough for fine hair.  it is very lightweight.  and it is concentrated, so you only need a bit.  
    you can leave it in without anything else.  or you can add a gel on top (i don't.). 
    my hair is very dry and the whites lose moisture rapidly, so i use cj argan and olive oil conditioner as a leave in first, then spiral lotion as the styler.  however, a leave in before this is not recommended.
    right now it is only sold on curl junkie website, but nc can carry it whenever they want, it's ready for them.  i am hoping sooner than later so i can save a bit, my hair is addicted to this.  it has literally kept scissors out of my hands!! LOL!  serious. i am thinking i will be able to let it grow a bit more before a trim/dusting.  it's already been over 5 months and it's looking fabulous with spiral lotion.

• ellajellaj Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 826 Curl Virtuoso
    Lightweight is what I look for when considering a new product. I have not added a leave in to my routine just yet, the curly girl shampoo I have at the moment is doing a nice job of leaving my hair soft and frizz free. 

Any product that is keeping you from reaching for your scissors is a good one! If it's been five months then maybe it will be another five. You could gain some noticeable length, rbb, if that's what you are looking to do.

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,356 Curl Connoisseur
    nc will be selling it in the shop nc later next week.  :-)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file