Suggestions for conditioning hair

UhhhhlaynaUhhhhlayna Posts: 20Registered Users
Hi,

I can't afford to order any hair products from the Internet as of yet and I was wondering what condtioners/conditioning methods some of you might have used during your transition. Usually, all I use are drugstore conditioners like Tresemme Moisture Something or Other, Pantene Relaxed and Natural Deep Conditioning Stuff, and some others I can't remember. I usually just apply them when my hair is dry and leave them in until I feel like rinsing it out. My only hair worry is preventing breakage where my new growth (around 4 inches) meets my relaxed hair, so I just try to trim and condition. Any suggestions?

Comments

• travelgirltravelgirl Posts: 71Registered Users
    I used and still do V05 as my conditioning wash. I add honey to the conditioner and leave in overnight for a deep treatment. You may want to do a Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) rinse at least once a month to prevent build-up. If you have a BSS near you-try Mango and Line Leave In. I found that one to be good when I transitioned.
    BC: 03/26/05
    CW and no oil
    O with some S
  • LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    Can you afford health food store brands? My favorites are Beauty without Cruelty , Aubrey Organics and Giovanni. HTH and Welcome! :)
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

event.png
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Suave Citrus Smoothie is one I just tried and like except I'm fragrance sensitive and it strips color. If those are not your issues, I recommend it as a moisturizing conditioner.
    Trader Joes Nourish Conditioner
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • ParasolParasol Posts: 291Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    I transitioned with the CG method.
    No silicones and no poo.

Products used: Mainly VO5 or Swiss-o-Par

Sometimes I do deep treatments myself (It's cheap and non chemical). I'm going to look for some recipes.

Some Recipes:

Hair Mask:

*Some pure natural Joghurt (half teacup)
    *about 2 Spoons of Honey
    *some conditioner
    *a few drops of OliveOil
    I let my hair eat it for about 30 minutes.

AVOCADO WRAP: (a five-star Keeper)

You need:

*1 peeled Avocado
    *about two Tablespoons Honey
    *two drops of OliveOil or Almond Oil..
    *a liiittle bit of conditioner and
    *two tablespoons natural joghurt

Mix it! Slap it on! And wrap a plastic foil around your head. Let it sit on for 20 minutes.Rinse! Wow!

• blackhoney112blackhoney112 Posts: 126Registered Users
    IMO Vo5 & Suave conditioners are light conditioners best used for conwashes. If you are looking for a deep conditioner these are good:
    Kenra Moisturizing (Trade secrets)
    Lustrasilk shea mango cholestrol + honey+ olive oil (Sally's)
    Nautrelle Hemp conditioner (Sally's)

For controlling breakage I use Apoghee (old formula) damage treatment 1x monthly and Apoghee intensive treatment aka 2min reconstructor 1x weekly. Also molasses helps to stop breakage and make hair strong (try adding it to cholestrol) HTH
    3c/4a
    Transitioning
    Following C&G method
    Fav products: Kenra MC, Misskey 10en1, VO5 moisturemilks, ACV rinses, Rhassoul clay & WGO
    pw: Romeo
    My hair album
  • blackhoney112blackhoney112 Posts: 126Registered Users
    IMO Vo5 & Suave conditioners are light conditioners best used for conwashes. If you are looking for a deep conditioner these are good:
    Kenra Moisturizing (Trade secrets)
    Lustrasilk shea mango cholestrol + honey+ olive oil (Sally's)
    Nautrelle Hemp conditioner (Sally's)

For controlling breakage I use Apoghee (old formula) damage treatment 1x monthly and Apoghee intensive treatment aka 2min reconstructor 1x weekly. Also molasses helps to stop breakage and make hair strong (try adding it to cholestrol) HTH
    3c/4a
    Transitioning
    Following C&G method
    Fav products: Kenra MC, Misskey 10en1, VO5 moisturemilks, ACV rinses, Rhassoul clay & WGO
    pw: Romeo
    My hair album
  • UhhhhlaynaUhhhhlayna Posts: 20Registered Users
    Thanks for all the suggestionsand that home recipe, I got some Suave and my roots were shiny afterwards and I couldn't feel any sort of residue on my fingers at all. Sometimes soon I'm going to make my way to Sally's and try some of those deep conditioners. Thank y'all!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file