Fed up

Domim3Domim3 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 3 Curl Neophyte
Hey everyone my name is Dominique and I'm honestly fed up with my hair. I've been natural for 2 years and I can't figure it out. My scalp is always dry and itchy, I got a silk press once and now I have heat damage, i just can't figure this out. I welcome all suggestions and any help. I'm giving it another year and I'm going to loc my hair if it doesn't do right. 

Comments

• boldilocksboldilocks Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 39 Curl Connoisseur
    @Domim3, hi! By loc, do you mean dreadlocks? Personally, my son has them and I think they can be amazing. I like dreadlocks. But forgive me if I'm misinterpreting. Questions: what's your hair curl type? And what's its condition? Healthy, not healthy? And what products are you using, sulfate and silicone and alcohol free in all products? Something is irritating your scalp, that's obvious. I'm wondering. 
    Welcome!
    Formerly Dandilocks; embracing the bold in 2018
    Type: 2c-3a gray natural/ Thickness: coarse, some medium/ Density: high/ Porosity: normal/ Elasticity: good/ Style: deva cut/ Products: Deva One Condition (co-wash, conditioner, leave-in), CHS Curl Keeper/
    Hair Goals: less frizz, better clumping, better 2-3 day hair, more shine

• bomegabomega Registered Users Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    Hi @Domim3 : Welcome to nc.com. I'm sorry you have been struggling with being natural. Can you tell us more about your hair properties? And perhaps what products and techniques you are using that work (or has not worked.) We might be able to troubleshoot starting from there. Although the CG-Method seems pretty strict, really a lot of us follow a modified version of the CG-Method as suits are hair and our personal preferences. It is possible that you need to either change products or adapt the method to suit your hair.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome, @Domim3!  So sorry you've been frustrated! Please spend some time checking out NaturallyCurly and CurlTalk and you'll find lots of great, helpful and inspiring info! 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file