Yes I put all my Christmas decorations away already!

jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
I live in a tiny condo with tiny closets and I have to really pack things well to fit them all back in their storage tubs so it takes a good day to get it done. Plus the cat is just plain done with the bedlam of Christmas. So it's all put away for another year. : (
--I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
--My CG and grey hair progress -  
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
--My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I live in a tiny apartment, and my Christmas tree is tucked away at the very top of a shelf in my storage closet off the entryway. It is so much work to get it out of there, plus to get to the ornaments in a box tucked away at the very bottom of the shelf (which is blocked off by other boxes), that I didn't even have the energy to get my Christmas decorations up this year. :(
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Impressive, Jeep. I usually get my stuff put away fairly soon after. But because of the way Christmas falls this year, I probably won't get to do it until Saturday. 
    We have a live tree and the needles start falling and making a huge mess and I just want it OUT. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Awe, Therese1!  

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • hmkennyhmkenny Posts: 1,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My hero!  Lol!   I usually do it on New Years Day.  And I can relate to what a pain in the neck all the stuff is to get to.  I'm an apartment dweller too and closets look big until you start filling them!
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity
  • ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    edited December 2017
    I had to laugh when I logged in and read your post jeepcurlygurl. I just finished de-Christmas-ing my own house this morning.  :)

(not sure de-Christmas-ing is a real word)  

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Sorry you didn't get to decorate this year, Theresa1. I've been there. Sometimes it just doesn't happen. : (
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Thanks for the commiseration, everyone! It was a real let-down not to be able to decorate for Christmas. I have a tiny tree, but it is really pretty once it is decorated and the lights are on. Here's hoping that next year will be different!
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I noticed my tree starting to smell today but it'll stay until 12th night, as always.
    3b in South Australia.
    Starmie said:
    I noticed my tree starting to smell today but it'll stay until 12th night, as always.
    So tell me about the 12th Night thing. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    As long as I get mine put away by Mardi Gras, I consider it a success. 
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Gretchen said:
    Starmie said:
    So tell me about the 12th Night thing. 
    I think it's an old English thing - back when people believed in such things they thought sprites or spirits of some kind lived in the holly, ivy etc that people would decorate houses with at Christmas, and if the greenery (which then morphed into decorations as we have now) was taken down before the 12 days of Christmas were over then bad luck would befall them. 
    It's something my Mum insisted on sticking to when we were little and I've always done it. I don't think she does it now though!
    3b in South Australia.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file