GretchenGretchen AdministratorPosts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
Do you make them? I don't. 

Gretchen
NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
3A

You are beautiful!

Comments

• ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Normally I don't. This year I am determined to let my hair grow longer. If I make it a resolution then hopefully I will follow through. @jeepcurlygurl is my inspiration, her current length is my long term goal. Now if only I had her curls!  ;)

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    nope! stopped making them years ago.

My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I usually make some vague, easy to keep resolutions. A couple of years ago I decided I would read at least one book a month and managed that, and enjoyed it. Seeing the pile of books steadily growing next to my bed, I think I need to do that one again.
    3b in South Australia.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Starmie said:
    I usually make some vague, easy to keep resolutions. A couple of years ago I decided I would read at least one book a month and managed that, and enjoyed it. Seeing the pile of books steadily growing next to my bed, I think I need to do that one again.
    That's an admirable goal. Speaking of books, I'm so annoyed. The last three books I've checked our from our local library onto my iPad have been AWFUL. I've read the first 20-30 pages and had to give up. The most recent one, last night, only made it through a few pages. Just awful. How these things get published is beyond me. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    ellaj said:
    Normally I don't. This year I am determined to let my hair grow longer. If I make it a resolution then hopefully I will follow through. @jeepcurlygurl is my inspiration, her current length is my long term goal. Now if only I had her curls!  ;)
    This is a good resolution and you have plenty of curly sisters to help you achieve it!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    @jeepcurlygurl  Smart to instigate a year of living cautiously before you retire. How exciting, btw, that you'll be retiring soon! Congratulations!  

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    You have a flair for decorating, @jeepcurlygurl. The rest of your home must be very pretty.

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Thanks @ellaj. It's just a tiny condo filled with my favorite things, and furnished mostly from Big Lots and IKEA. : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • boldilocksboldilocks Posts: 39Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Goals and resolutions. I have done this thing for the past four years, and now I'm entering into year five. My whole family has done it, and I live with a husband and two young men sons, so that says something. It's called "My One Word." I choose a single word for the year, and I focus on that word and allow it to teach me. There is a book about it, called "My One Word," and there is also a website, myoneword.org, which is where lots of folks post the word theyve chosen, and why, and... its really a fun and intriguing journey. It has impacted me so much that I remember all the words that each of my family members has chosen for the past 4 years, and I cherish them. For each word this year, I will make a little sign or two or three, for each person in my family. I just make it in Word and print it on 8.5x11 paper. I put it in a sheet protector if not a frame, and hang it. For each person, I like to put one of their word signs in their bedroom, one in the bathroom they use, and one in the main living area. That way we see our words throughout the year and recall and reflect on them, even subconsciously. These words have become precious to me. I don't know how else to explain it. As I watch each year come to a close, I watch as how my understanding of that word has changed, and changed me. One more thing, I take time to pick my word. I make a list of possibilities, then I narrow in on one. Once i pick it, I don't let myself change my mind. There are so many good words so I tell myself to trust my first instinct. Now is the time of year that I am reflecting and deciding on my new word. 

I am putting this here for anyone who might want to venture along in it. I would love to know if you choose to choose a word. PS "choose" was my word in 2015.:)
    Formerly Dandilocks; embracing the bold in 2018
    Type: 2c-3a gray natural/ Thickness: coarse, some medium/ Density: high/ Porosity: normal/ Elasticity: good/ Style: deva cut/ Products: Deva One Condition (co-wash, conditioner, leave-in), CHS Curl Keeper/
    Hair Goals: less frizz, better clumping, better 2-3 day hair, more shine

• StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    My SO has decided 2018 will be the year we embrace the War on Waste. Reuse, recycle etc. And lots of leftovers as we try not to waste so much food.
    3b in South Australia.
    edited December 2017

I am putting this here for anyone who might want to venture along in it. I would love to know if you choose to choose a word. PS "choose" was my word in 2015.:)
    I admire you for this @boldilocks, it is something that I would never have thought of. If I were to choose a word, and I will, it is "patience." 

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    @boldilocks  I know what my word would be. It would be No. I know that sounds like a negative word but it's really positive for me. Being the family member/friend/neighbor/stranger on the street who has always been the one everyone goes to for anything and everything, I made it a goal when I turned 50 (10 years ago!) to learn to say No more often. I'm still working on it. For me, the word No means an amount of freedom.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    I'm going to start dating my treadmill again. Last year I decided to change my diet and cut out sugar. I lost close to 60lbs, have another 10-15 I would like to see gone. I used to run, but had a back injury, then moved to a sketchy neighbourhood and got away from it. I've cleaned my basement, set the treadmill up and a Tv and going to try the couch to 5k.I'm hoping by the time the snow is gone I can do an 8min mile outside!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    I'm going to start dating my treadmill again. Last year I decided to change my diet and cut out sugar. I lost close to 60lbs, have another 10-15 I would like to see gone. I used to run, but had a back injury, then moved to a sketchy neighbourhood and got away from it. I've cleaned my basement, set the treadmill up and a Tv and going to try the couch to 5k.I'm hoping by the time the snow is gone I can do an 8min mile outside!
    Awesome!  60 lbs!  Amazing!  Good luck with this year's goal. NC just announced a  no-sugar challenge.... you might want to check it out. I posted something in Announcements. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    @Gretchen Oh That's awesome....will do!!!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    Gretchen said:
    Starmie said:
    That's an admirable goal. Speaking of books, I'm so annoyed. The last three books I've checked our from our local library onto my iPad have been AWFUL. I've read the first 20-30 pages and had to give up. The most recent one, last night, only made it through a few pages. Just awful. How these things get published is beyond me. 

Read House in the Sky! Hands down best book I've ever read!
    Audrey Hepburn
    I'll add it to my list, CC; thanks for the rec!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • bomegabomega Posts: 1,355Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I stopped with resolutions years ago, but I think this year I should.

@jeepcurlygurl : Your home is beautiful!
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Posts: 609Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    edited January 2018
    I have  4. Resolutions for New Year.
    1. Find new doggies related job where  bosses are open to everyone  improving things more at  shelter.

2.Write more  poetry/ try to Complete at least 2-3 own  poems a month.

3. Walk for at least 2 hours/day to both improve overall health plus calm & reduce stress.
    4. Learn French & Spanish.
    Well @MorrisonFan91 you make my goal of rearranging pictures in my house seem a bit meager. hahaha. 
    1. Find new doggies related job where  bosses are open to everyone  improving things more at  shelter.

3. Walk for at least 2 hours/day to both improve overall health plus calm & reduce stress.
    Impressive list!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    After a misunderstanding with someone very close to me I have decided to add a new resolution.

"talk less, listen more"

• curry curlscurry curls Posts: 1,083Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I do.  But, I like to go into the new year already doing them.  I just feel better getting a sort of head start on things. :)
    Started CG July 8, 2008

3B

Co-wash: Deva Decadence No Poo
    Conditioner: Deva Decadence One Condition
    Leave-in/Styling: Deva Decadence One Condition and Deva Heaven In Hair
    Others: ACV rinses and protein treatments

• MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Posts: 609Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Well @MorrisonFan91 you make my goal of rearranging pictures in my house seem a bit meager. hahaha. 
    Hi, jeepy -pal !!

I liked your resolution too ; the idea behind my finding new job is because where I live now is emotionally damaging  .
    New job would mean stabler pay and allow me to move to happier  living space. 

I agree, this impressive! I hope you find a new job soon. :)
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

Hi, jeepy -pal !!

I liked your resolution too ; the idea behind my finding new job is because where I live now is emotionally damaging  .
    New job would mean stabler pay and allow me to move to happier  living space. 
    I'm sending good vibes for new job and better living arrangement!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    edited January 2018
    I think this is going to be my year of mindfulness. Although I have had a practice of mindfulness for a few years now, in the past couple weeks, I have become really aware of how my thoughts affect my actions which in turn affect my thoughts...for better or worse. This year, I'm going to work on awareness of thoughts and not letting them drag me around, but rather to stay centered and and practice mindfulness of action.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file