2018 is going to be the year of Hyaluronic Acid for me

WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Posts: 853Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
I have been using Hyaluronic Acid (HA) on my face for the past few months and loving the result.  Now I need to try to incorporate it in other ways.  I really want to see if it will help my hair stay moisturized.

Right now my plan is to b;8uy some in powder form and keep a mixture in the 'fridge (since there wont be any preservatives) and mix it into my products as I am using them.  I figure that this would be more cost effective and flexible compared to buying some products that already have HA in them (and keep my product junkie self in check).

If it fails as a hair product I will at least be able to mix some with my body lotion.

Stay tuned for my experiments
2b, 2c,
High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold

Comments

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Oh wow, I never thought you could buy hyaluronic acid by itself. Where do you get it? How do you use it on your face?
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Posts: 853Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I will probably buy the powder on Amazon.  You mix it with distilled water and it is supposed to keep in the refrigerator for 30 days without preservitives.

Here is one of the options:  https://www.amazon.com/Hyaluronic-NATURAL-Molecular-moisture-youthful/dp/B01D9DEJC4/ref=sr_1_7_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1513794578&sr=1-7&keywords=hyaluronic+acid+powder

On my face I am using Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel.  It is super light and my skin soaks it up.  Sometimes I use a little Argan Oil on top of it.  You can also buy a serum that is just HA with a few preservatives on Amazon.
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
  • bomegabomega Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Thx...will look into it.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • EverydayCurlsEverydayCurls Posts: 301Registered Users Curl Novice
    Please use a preservative in your products. The fridge only preserves for a short amount of time. Would you leave tea in the fridge for a few weeks then rub it on your body? It will likely me moldy. I’m assuming that you are avoiding preservatives to keep your products more natural. You can choose what type of preservative you want, however, vitamin e and grapefruit seed extract are not preservatives. I would recommend Optiphen Plus as a preservative. It has safe ingredients that don’t contain parabens or formeldahydes (or formeldahyde donors). It is also compatible with most products. I use it at 1.5% and never had any issues with my formulations. Some people have issues with it causing the product to curdle when added, but I never had this issue. I add it once the product has cooled below 40°C and blend well. In lotions, it temporarily re-liquifies them, but it helps to pour into a bottle. It resolidifies a bit later.

Current Products:

• Homemade Shampoo
    • Nature's Gate Biotin Conditioner
    • AG Recoil Curl Activator
    • AG Plastique
      + Plopping Overnight

www.joyfulmeadow.com

www.facebook.com/joyfulmeadow

www.instagram.com/joyful.meadow

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji