Help me with my hair texture (3C, 4A?)

amiboamibo Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 4 Curl Neophyte
Hello. I never did anything with my hair. But the time has come when I decided to take care of my hair. And I thought, what is the texture of my hair? 3C, 4A? Or the other? Now they are short, about 0.39 inches. I really need your opinion! By the way, I am mixed, Ethiopian, Armenian, and Russian. In this photo I just used the product to define curls.

Answers

• bomegabomega Registered Users Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome to nc.com. My thought is they are 3c because they look like straw-width curls. However I'm not entirely sure, and also, if you are trying to grow your hair, the curl-type may change. Your hair looks cool. :)
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • amiboamibo Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 4 Curl Neophyte
    bomega said:
    Welcome to nc.com. My thought is they are 3c because they look like straw-width curls. However I'm not entirely sure, and also, if you are trying to grow your hair, the curl-type may change. Your hair looks cool. :)
    Thank you so much! Yes, now I want to grow my hair!
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    I also think probably 3c. Love to see it as it grows longer!  Thanks for joining our curly community!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • amiboamibo Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 4 Curl Neophyte
    Gretchen said:
    I also think probably 3c. Love to see it as it grows longer!  Thanks for joining our curly community!
    Oh, thank you 💖

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file