Favorite Christmas Movies?

CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
Need ideas, I think I’ve seen them all 😳
I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn

Comments

• Hullacurls92Hullacurls92 Posts: 28Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The Preachers Wife!! With Whitney Houston 
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,716Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I have absolutely seen them all, over and over. I love Christmas shows of any kind. Sappy Hallmark movies, old time musicals, cartoons, stop action claymation, religious, silly.
    Ones I watch every year - Charlie Brown Christmas, Prancer, White Christmas (probably my all time favorite. Just watched it the other day and cried for the millionth time), The Grinch (the original cartoon).
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    I don't get to watch the sappy Hallmark movies, because, with three teenage boys in the house, the TV is always on Elf, Santa Claus, Grinch, etc. Good lord, I've seen these 500 times!  

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • hmkennyhmkenny Posts: 1,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I like the Bishop's Wife, It's A Wonderful LIfe, Muppets Christmas Carol, Home Alone 1&2, A Christmas Carol, an old version with Alistair Sim.  These are my annual classics.
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i try to watch all the 60s-era TV shows because they've been around almost as long as i have - watched The Grinch for the second time this year last night and i can say the dialogue along almost the whole thing! the colour restoration done on the show a few years ago is amazing!

so i also watch Charlie Brown, Rudolph, and Santa Claus is coming to town.

for movies:  The Bishop's Wife, Holiday Inn, Love Actually, One Magic Christmas, and i've taken to watching The Holiday (with Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz) when it's on. Last Holiday (with Queen Latifah, who is awesome!) often shows up at this time of year, too.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    It's A Wonderful Life is by far my favorite Christmas movie. I cry every.single.time. :'(

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,716Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I will watch almost any version of A Christmas Carol. It's such a good story.  
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks Ladies! A few of these I haven't seen yet!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    We watched Star Wars Rogue One last night.  :/ 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,165Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Just posted on the what are you watching thread - Love Actually.
    3b in South Australia.
    Watched a horrible Netflix Christmas movie last night.... "Christmas Inheritance".  I persevered, though, since I rarely am able to commandeer the TV away from the males in my house. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    ^^^okay, that just sounds like it was alternating sad and treacly!
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,213Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I totally love the original Miracle on 34th Street with a very young Natalie Wood.  I love it so much that year round I keep a candy cane on top of one of my bedroom dressers.  Love, love, love it.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
    rouquinne said:
    ^^^okay, that just sounds like it was alternating sad and treacly!
    Exactly!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file