Christmas Baking!

CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
What have you done, what are you doing? 

Rasperry tarts were a dough practice for mince meat tarts, candied orange peel bark & chicrtbread with a chocolate chip. 

I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur

Banana bread & carrot cake loaves cooling. 
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,716Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    @CurlyCanadian ; Those look fantastic and KITTY!!!
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,716Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I baked 53 dozen cookies in 3 days. And in about 3 hours they were all packaged up and delivered, except for 2 gyms and a plate full for down in the lobby of the building I live in.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    That’s amazing!!!

Not sure if I mentioned here, I’m fostering a kitten till Christmas Eve. That’s him....he’s in the middle of anything you’re eating lol
    Audrey Hepburn
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    edited December 2017
    YUM!!!!
    I will make Mexican Wedding Cookies this weekend. LOVE THOSE!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    What's that?
    Audrey Hepburn
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    that does it! i'm going to visit CC and Jeepy and score some cookies!!!!   :D

i will be making Nigella Lawson's "puddinis", Nutella rugelach, spicy gingerbread, and shortbread (of course) on the weekend.

My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Mexican Wedding Cakes (or Cookies) are THE best cookies. Buttery and nutty! 
    Here's info from NYT, but I use Cook's Illustrated recipe. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    I think I'm done for this year, but maybe for New Years! Thanks!
    Audrey Hepburn

Mexican Wedding Cookies

Snickerdoodles

Eggnog Tea Cakes

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    @Gretchen ; are the eggnog tea cakes fried? filled? They look yummy. 
    @Gretchen ; are the eggnog tea cakes fried? filled? They look yummy. 
    No.... just simple little baked cakes. I got the molds from King Arthur Flour a few years back. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Hullacurls92Hullacurls92 Posts: 28Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Looks yummy! I am just baking shortbread, snickerdoodle and gingerbread cookie ☺️
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,165Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I was hoping to do some baking today but, as is always the case these days, the day just got away from me. So tomorrow I'll be doing my usual - mince pies (second batch, made some last weekend) and little fruit cakes. Also need to make some brandy snap baskets as the supermarket had sold out. Oh, and some parmesan chive biscuits.
    3b in South Australia.
    Looks yummy! I am just baking shortbread, snickerdoodle and gingerbread cookie ☺️
    Sounds delicious! Love shortbread!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Starmie said:
    I was hoping to do some baking today but, as is always the case these days, the day just got away from me. So tomorrow I'll be doing my usual - mince pies (second batch, made some last weekend) and little fruit cakes. Also need to make some brandy snap baskets as the supermarket had sold out. Oh, and some parmesan chive biscuits.
    I'll be over shortly....... !

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    My grandparents got this tin of biscuits for their wedding a little over 60 years ago. My Grandfather made mince tarts every year, and put them in this. They’re my favorite, so he always made a few extra for me to take home. When he passed away, I asked my Grandmother for the tin and took over making them. PAcked and ready to go! 

Audrey Hepburn
    @CurlyCanadian I love that story.
    @CurlyCanadian @jeepcurlygurl
    I agree, Jeep!  What a lovely story.... the tin, the continuation of the tradition! Love it. You're a good soul. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    the Nutella rugelach were delicious! :)
    My blog:

• StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,165Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    CC, we always had a tin of Peek Freans biscuits at Christmas when I was little, I suspect my parents still have a tin or two around somewhere! Probably in the loft with photos in.
    3b in South Australia.
    Funny story, when I asked for the tin, she thought I meant the muffin tin and says "Well ok, that's a little odd, but I guess I can pick up another?" I was so confused why she needed another Peek Freans tin lol
    Audrey Hepburn
    I had not heard of Peak Freans, but I looked it up, and they look tasty. I'll have to keep an eye out for them in Austin.  :)

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    ^ I had to look them up too!
    are Peak Freens available in the US? if not, care packages may be in order! :)
    My blog:

Oh my, Peek Freans chocolate covered digestives are the best!
    Audrey Hepburn

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file