Christmas Morning Breakfast!

CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
Whatcha making??? I usually do a baked French toast, scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, bacon & sausage. Thinking maybe eggs benny this year, or a different baked something?
I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Sometimes I'll do blintzes. Or sometimes bagels and lox (I like to mix up my holidays). Or sometimes a breakfast casserole... something I can make in advance and just pop in the oven. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur

:/:/ AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! When you hit paste it deletes your whole post! 3 times its happened now. Its something with the formatting, I tried twice to stick that smiley at the end of the sentence and it keeps going to the beginning.

Anyways! Any recipes for bakes? Preferrably no meat as we have two vegetarians. I did just find this for making batches of poached eggs, anyone try it?

I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur

http://www.foodandwine.com/blogs/insanely-easy-way-poach-dozen-eggs-once

I gotta do two posts or it deletes everything when I try and add a link.

Audrey Hepburn

On what browser, on what device? I'm not able to reproduce that error. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    A couple of bakes: 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Maybe a bake with meat and a quiche lorraine (no bacon) for the vegs? 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Gretchen said:

On what browser, on what device? I'm not able to reproduce that error. 

Internet explorer on a PC
    Audrey Hepburn
    Oh wow that buttery one sounds good! Not usually a fan of fake meat, but may try it! Why do I never buy croissants?? They are the best!
    Audrey Hepburn
  • ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Big, big bagel fans in our house! Just give me a chewy, poppyseed bagel with lots of plain, cream cheese and a cup of strong coffee with Baileys added. Mmmmm, can't wait! I like to have a few different varieties on hand, especially cinnamon raisin which tastes delicious with peanut butter. We keep Christmas breakfast simple. :)

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I'm working Christmas Eve (night duty) so I think it'll be bircher muesli with blueberries. I can prep before I go to work then there's nothing to do when I get home except pressies, breakfast and bed!
    3b in South Australia.
    Starmie said:
    I'm working Christmas Eve (night duty) so I think it'll be bircher muesli with blueberries. I can prep before I go to work then there's nothing to do when I get home except pressies, breakfast and bed!
    Ok, I have to ask....What are "pressies?"  :)

Presents! 

Maybe it's an English or Australian abbreviation, I never thought about it before!
    3b in South Australia.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    @Starmie  We also say pressies (pronounced prezzies). : ) 

I will be alone until 1pm so I probably won't have anything special for breakfast. But I made a puffy pancake recipe awhile ago that has been on my mind. Or maybe some lemon ricotta pancakes.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    I totally forgot... my kids like monkey bread on Christmas morning. It's not my fave cuz it's just bread and sugar, but they love it. :) Of course. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    @Starmie  We also say pressies (pronounced prezzies). : ) 

I will be alone until 1pm so I probably won't have anything special for breakfast. But I made a puffy pancake recipe awhile ago that has been on my mind. Or maybe some lemon ricotta pancakes.

German pancakes? Made in a cast iron pan and served with lemon & sugar? If not what you're talking about, try it out.....so good! And crazy fun to watch cook in the oven!
    Audrey Hepburn
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    @CurlyCanadian  I don't have any cast iron but made it in a round pan in the oven and it puffs way up. I think some places call it a Dutch Baby? 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    Starmie said:
    Presents! 

Maybe it's an English or Australian abbreviation, I never thought about it before!
    Makes complete sense, now. Thanks! 

@CurlyCanadian  I don't have any cast iron but made it in a round pan in the oven and it puffs way up. I think some places call it a Dutch Baby? 
    That sounds right! My Mom does them in ramekins and serves with fresh fruit and cream for dessert, really good!

wish me luck, egg experiment today!
    Audrey Hepburn
    I pronounce it prezzies too, just don't spell it that way!
    I'm doing German apple pancakes for Boxing Day breakfast seeing as I'll not be working then. Never made them before so fingers crossed.
    Good luck with whatever the egg experiment is, CC!
    3b in South Australia.
    Haha thought I had posted here, must of been somewhere else! I saw that you can do poached eggs in a muffin pan, tried this morning....works perfect!

So doing cinnamon buns, bacon, sausage, eggs benny and either has browns or pan potatoes. 
    Audrey Hepburn

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file