No Clip Root Lift

BeinDebBeinDeb Posts: 583Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I've accidentally discovered a new technique while diffusing that's giving me root lift without using clips to lift the roots. 

I start diffusing upside down, using the pixie method, but add one minor step. After my hair is gathered in my diffuser and close or on my scalp, I turn it about a quarter of the way...just enough to feel a very slight pressure in the root area of my head. Every time I move my diffuser, I slightly rotate the diffuser.

I have no idea why this is making such a difference, but as it's working so well for me, I thought I'd share with the hope it would help someone else. If it matters, my hair is frog hair fine, highly porous, and has low density.

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Thanks for sharing this!  I'm going to give it a try.  I always need more root lift, and I'd love to get rid of the clips, but I haven't had luck with any other method.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Interesting...I'll give this a try next wash day!
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • BeinDebBeinDeb Posts: 583Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    This technique was purely accidental. I have a small section on the right side of my crown that loves to stay plastered against the side of my head. I was in a hurry one day & didn't have time to clip. When I was diffusing that spot, I did the quarter twist to try & make sure the the roots were pulled up while drying. It worked! So, the next time I washed, I did my whole head that way. I do still clip, but only if I air dry.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Great tip! 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file