So Heartbroken :(

CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
I lost two of my cats last week. Nothing serious, just horrible timing. Both were older rescues, one I knew we were on borrowed time for, the other had been doing great. I'm just so shattered, my house feels so weird. I still have Daisy, her and Luna were litter mates and she's been really close since. Also fostering a kitten till Christmas and while she hates him, I'm worried about her once he's gone, she'll have gone from 3, to 4, to 2, to just her :(
I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn

Comments

• MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Posts: 609Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Deeply  sorry for losses, CC-pal !!

• ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
      :'(  I am so sorry for your loss, CurlyCanadian. My own home has suffered the loss of a beloved pet, so please know that my heart goes out to you. 

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Oh no!  How awful!  I'm so very sorry. Losing one pet is tragic enough; I can't imagine saying goodbye to two in such a short span. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I'm so sorry! Hugs to you and Daisy. : ( 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur

Thanks guys! I'm just in such a fog, I still walk in and expect one to come running, or the other sleeping on her bed :(

You just have the one cat, Jeepy? Are they ok alone?

I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Yes I have just one cat. My last 3 cats have been "only children" and they all seemed perfectly happy alone. I am their family, I give them lots of attention (for the few hours a day they aren't sleeping. haha.), they have lots of toys for when I'm not home. 
    At the other end I've also had up to 7 cats at a time and some of those cats were not particularly happy in that environment. 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • hmkennyhmkenny Posts: 1,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    So sorry for your loss.  I have three cats all around the same age.  I would be heartbroken if anything happened to them. 
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks!

My brother called my the other day to say My Mom is planning on getting me a cat and that he told her no. I told him I agreed, I think its too soon, but I would let him know closer to.
    Audrey Hepburn
    It's always so sweet that others want to make us feel better by getting us new pets and I always tell my people to never ever do that. My cats almost always come to me as strays or I find an older cat that needs a home.  When my last cat, Todd, died I was so devastated that even my sister said she thought of bringing me a new cat because I was so upset. But she knew it would happen in my own time. It took a year before I could even think about it and though I'm still pretty much heartbroken over that loss (he was my soulmate cat) I finally came across Thomas and knew it was time to have a cat back in my house. I hope your heart feels better soon.
    That's how all of mine have come as well, I'm just worried about Daisy. Then the monster leaves Christmas Eve and I'll be gone for 4 days. I thought of maybe taking her to my parents, but she's not terribly social and not sure she would do well. My neighbour will pop in and check on her, but still. This is so much worse then children!
    Audrey Hepburn
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Oh my, I'm sorry to hear about your furbabies. Always hard when we lose them but two at the same time is just awful. 
    (((CC)))
    3b in South Australia.
  • ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I still tear up at times when thinking of my cat and it has been several years since he left us. He lived a good long life and yet it still hurts to think of him being gone. To this day I have yet to get another pet, the pain is real. One of our family members lost her brown lab recently and my husband and I both cried along with her. She took in a rescue dog less than a month ago and guess what? He is not leaving, she is keeping him. She says life is better when she has a dog following her around, even if it means she can't go to the bathroom by herself.

CurlyCanadian, you are right, our pets are like children. 

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    CurlyCanadian, I'm so sorry for your terrible loss.  I know you are heartbroken.  Nothing can make it better, but know that you are in our thoughts.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • alacurlalacurl Posts: 1,199Registered Users Curl Novice
    I'm so sorry, CC. I have "been there" several times, and it's so hard. (((hugs)))
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    *hugs* CC
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    <3 How are you holding up?

Still can't talk about it. Was talking about FB memories with a client today and said I can't look because the cats always show up, and started crying, (and now I'm crying about it typing about it lol). My Mom wanted to get me a cat for Christmas, its not fair to Daisy though. She's gone from 3, to 4 to 2. Monster kitten leaves for his forever home Christmas Eve and I want to give her some time to adjust. She hates him lol

Thanks for asking <3

Audrey Hepburn
    Within about 3 weeks, we found out both our dogs were sick with cancer. Chula died a couple months ago and Lacey's still ok, though missing Chula like crazy.

We had a huge tumor cut off Lacey's back in August, but the vet says the tumors will come back. Ugh. We're spoiling her rotten in the meantime, though! 

Chula: 

Lacey, left, and Chula a few days before we said goodbye to her: 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    awwww.... *hugs* Gretchen
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    That's so sad Gretchen. I saw your pic on the other thread and thought what a cute dog she was, didn't realise you'd lost her.
    3b in South Australia.
    Thanks for the kind words, ladies. Our pets mean so much to us. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Hugs to you both @CurlyCanadian&nbsp; and @Gretchen

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file