How much, total, do you spend on Christmas gifts?

GretchenGretchen AdministratorPosts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
edited December 2017 in Non-hair discussion

Gretchen
NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
3A

You are beautiful!

How much, total, do you spend on Christmas gifts?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    $500-$1000
    It has gone down over the years as relatives have died off. I used to spend $1200+ in the 80's-90's (with inflation that amount would be a lot more now). This year I spent around $800 for 11 people (8 family, 2 friends, my boss). I buy a lot of gifts for that amount. My family likes giving and getting lots of little presents. 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    edited December 2017
    I have a small list which is nice, so I am in the $500.00 range. Christmas is my favorite time of the year, mostly for the decorating, mingling with family and friends and the time off. Gift shopping is enjoyable, I try not to stress too much about it.

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• hmkennyhmkenny Posts: 1,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    $500-$1000
    Usually in the 500-1000 range, but less and less each year.  I always wind up being more generous to myself at Christmas time too.  I'm single with one adult daughter.  She told me not to spend a lot so I won't and I only have two other people I exchange gifts with and maybe a modest gift for a couple of coworkers.   I did make a more generous charitable donation and maybe I'll do more of that if I can.
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    $500-$1000
    I'm trying to keep it under $500, will probably come out around $750 this year. I'm really happy with the stuff I got though, and well nothing is crazy extravagant (the way we normally go) I think everyone is going to really like it!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    $1001-$2000
    Too much. I can't seem to help myself!
    3b in South Australia.
  • alacurlalacurl Posts: 1,199Registered Users Curl Novice
    Less than $500
    I have a large family, but we don't usually get together at Christmas (Thanksgiving is our big holiday). So my list is relatively small.
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
  • SpecklaSpeckla Posts: 186Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Less than $500
    Less than $500.  We stopped buying for the adults years ago and only buy for the kids.  Kids are grown now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file