Are you crafty? What have you made lately?

jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,716Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
I am not really crafty, but I do make pretty soaps, linen spray, lip/body balm, perfume balm, food and drink mixes (blue cheese dip, ranch dressing, taco mix, rotisserie chicken rub, popcorn seasonings, cocoa/chai tea/mochaccino), homemade vanilla, catnip toys, and hanging bird feeders made from pine cones, peanut butter, oatmeal, seeds, etc. 

Anybody making fun things for Christmas gifts? 
--I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
--My CG and grey hair progress -  
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
--My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    That sounds pretty crafty to me!  I'm working on a scrapbook for my dad... he was recently given a lifetime achievement award, so I'm putting something together for him on that. 
    My son had to make a homemade gift for a class white elephant. He made this: 

It was one of those deals where you could steal the other person's gift, and he didn't like anything else anyone brought, so he just stole it back and brought it home!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur

That is so cute!!!

I'm not crafty at all, a pretty good baker with a recipe and I can wrap/bundle (holiday baking is gonna be on point this year!) stuff really cute....that's where it ends though lol

I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,716Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Baking and wrapping are an art!  I guess we (including me) need to stop saying we aren't crafty because any kind of creating is a craft! 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,165Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I knitted six scarves and a hat for my sister and her family, then made some clay star tags with their names imprinted on them. I was quite pleased with myself, but then when I knitted a scarf for DS1 to take to Europe my sister seemed to think it was absolutely hilarious so she's going to be disappointed! 
    3b in South Australia.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,211Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I am absolutely hopeless in this area.  I admire people who are crafty!  
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
    My sister and her family loved their scarves! Or so she said - sent me a nice pic of them all (well, bar one) wearing them!
    3b in South Australia.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    @Starmie when did you get started knitting all those scarves? 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    I bought the wool in the January sales and had them all knitted by the end of March, except for the hat. I'm a pretty slow knitter usually as I get bored of things, so I was quite pleased with myself! 
    3b in South Australia.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i can't knit worth beans - i better get someone to teach me.

My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice
    We didn't do much in the way of Christmas this year. I usually love it, decorate, etc. but this year just the youngest got presents...she & I have started going out the day after as she gets a lot more. She loves doing it and it is fun. The others are married and I need tog get their gifts ordered....probably board games.

I did finish her rag quilt and in her presents and I finished 3 others this week. I have got to get the ones done for my SIL/DD1, their best friend and #1DIL (so designated as they got married first). Fabric gets pricey and I can need 10+ yards for each quilt depending on size, so I hit up the thrift store on their 1/2 price day and stock up on sheets. LOTS more yardage and designs.

My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

• SpecklaSpeckla Posts: 179Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm into knitting scarves right now.
    I'm waiting for wool to come in the post so I can start a baby blanket.
    3b in South Australia.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file