How handy are you?

GretchenGretchen AdministratorPosts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
Do you like to do home improvement projects? How much are you willing to take on? 

Gretchen
NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
3A

You are beautiful!

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I am not super handy but I can paint, I'm a pro at putting furniture together (a house full of IKEA), I'm good with a hammer and screwdriver, I'm good at organizing things in the home and decorating, I can take on the landscaping
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    I'm in the same boat as Jeepy! No construction, electrical or plumbing! I actually wanted to change the fan in my room, but couldn't figure out how so took off all the blades and spray painted them lol
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I'm pretty good at carpentry, but I really want to learn how to do tile. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I'm pretty much like jeepy too. I wish I could do more, carpentry would be a good thing to be able to do.
    3b in South Australia.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm pretty hopeless.  I have painted more than once and my apt. is difficult to paint (lots of strange corners and beams) but otherwise, hopeless.  One of those things like being crafty that I just never got the gene for :(
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Thank heavens for an awesome husband who a is Mr. Fix Anything and Everything because I am not at all handy. I am a clean bug though, so we are a good set. He does the fixing and I follow along with the broom and dustpan. There is nothing I like better than tackling an overstuffed, cluttered closet, I am in my happy place.

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i've painted my house and i'm now looking at a major remodel of the upstairs bathroom including building a new simple vanity and tiling the floor. i built a shoe cabinet a couple of years ago that i'm ridiculously proud of because i did it myself without asking my cousins or male friends for help! :)

i made my 3 foot square ottoman from an old beat-up table and foam and fabric and tufted it! i'm also good with my reciprocating saw when i need to trim trees outside.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I can hardly do anything! I'm very unhandy. I need to make some handy friends. :)
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    @rouquinne you painted the exterior of your house?? That's impressive. I've painted pretty much room in our house (some multiple times....hahaha!) but haven't tackled the exterior. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    ha! no, the inside - almost every room has been done! 
    My blog:

• JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I didn't think I was handy at all but then I found out one of my friends couldn't even put together light furniture. I've never owned, so never had any home improvement projects and never painted but I'm sure I could.  My ex's ex wife wouldn't even change batteries in a remote or light bulb :/.  Then I met his mom who wouldn't even shut her car hood down all the way by herself.  
    geez, Josephine, that doesn't sound like fun - i couldn't imagine not being self-sufficient! 
    My blog:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file