What's for dinner tonight?

Comments

• ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    bomega said:
    Distilled water. I'm water-fasting today.
    I am intrigued, @bomega. Is this for a specific reason? I am prone to some digestive issues and when I have a particular bad episode I will do a liquid only day to give my digestive track a rest. This is something that the doctor suggested and it works. I drink any and all liquids, with the exception of coffee, tea or alcohol.

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    @BeinDeb Lots and lots of beans! Black beans kidney beans cannellini beans. All kinds of beans. : )

I think tonight I'm going to makes some shrimp lo mein.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • bomegabomega Posts: 1,355Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    ellaj said:
    bomega said:
    Distilled water. I'm water-fasting today.
    I am intrigued, @bomega. Is this for a specific reason? I am prone to some digestive issues and when I have a particular bad episode I will do a liquid only day to give my digestive track a rest. This is something that the doctor suggested and it works. I drink any and all liquids, with the exception of coffee, tea or alcohol.
    I do it for general health, energy...for cleansing. I have done it when I felt a cold coming on, but I find Coldeeze to be faster at getting me over a cold.

If you are thinking about trying, I think you should assuming to don't have to take any medication on a daily basis (thyroid, diabetes, etc.) You need food to take meds. I learned about it in yoga class in college, but there is a website called allaboutfasting.com to learn more about it if you were interested.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
    Oh, I broke my fast this morning with some juice then fruit, then some soup. Dinner was brown rice that I had soaking yesterday.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

• BeinDebBeinDeb Posts: 583Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks Jeepy. I did go with beans. Couldn't decide between kidney or black, so just did both!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I have a carb craving (I regularly eat a low carb diet) so tonight is going to be a big baked potato with lots of butter and chives and some beer bread.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    bomega said:

I do it for general health, energy...for cleansing. I have done it when I felt a cold coming on, but I find Coldeeze to be faster at getting me over a cold.

If you are thinking about trying, I think you should assuming to don't have to take any medication on a daily basis (thyroid, diabetes, etc.) You need food to take meds. I learned about it in yoga class in college, but there is a website called allaboutfasting.com to learn more about it if you were interested.
    Thanks for the reply @bomega. I am always interested in what others do for their health and why. So far, knock on wood, I take no medications at all. 

I haven't decided what to do about dinner, yet. The cupboards are dangerously bare.

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Pork belly tacos for us tonight. 
    Last night was DS1's football banquet and we had Texas bbq — brisket and sausage. Sausage was good, but I'm not a big fan of brisket. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    I love doing fasting of different sorts - intermittent, 2 and 3 day detox diets, etc. It  makes me feel lighter and just better.  I never do just a water only fast, it's just not for me. But I bet it makes people feel good too.
    Gretchen said:
    Last night was DS1's football banquet and we had Texas bbq — brisket and sausage. Sausage was good, but I'm not a big fan of brisket. 
    Wanna here something crazy? I'm vegetarian, but I *miss* Southern Barbeque! Everything on the side is so good! It seems that the only way to get coleslaw AND potato salad in the same barbeque restaurant is in the south!

bomega said:
    Gretchen said:
    Wanna here something crazy? I'm vegetarian, but I *miss* Southern Barbeque! Everything on the side is so good! It seems that the only way to get coleslaw AND potato salad in the same barbeque restaurant is in the south!
    Hahaha. I guess if you're away from it, you miss it. I hate that at bbq places there's only white sides. Potato salad, coleslaw, white bread. Sometimes some horribly overcooked canned green beans that are awful. But as a once-in-a-while treat, it's ok, I guess.  

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    I am going to bake some swai with a pesto, parm, nut crust. And a baked potato. I never have potatoes in the house (I eat low carb) but my dad gave me some so I have to use them up. Potatoes 3 days is a row! 
  • BeinDebBeinDeb Posts: 583Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It's still cold & I'm still on the Mexican food kick - sour cream chicken enchiladas w/extra green chilis, garnished w/jalapenos!
    Got a HelloFresh box in the mail today so tonight I made maple glazed duck with rosemary potatoes and blood orange salad. It was delish.
    edited January 2018
    Gretchen said:
    bomega said:
    Gretchen said:
    Hahaha. I guess if you're away from it, you miss it. I hate that at bbq places there's only white sides. Potato salad, coleslaw, white bread. Sometimes some horribly overcooked canned green beans that are awful. But as a once-in-a-while treat, it's ok, I guess.  
    Yum! Don't forget the baked beans! I usually also get a mixed green salad. :)

Gah! I have no idea what I am going to do for dinner tonight, and I've been trying to figure this out for two hours. I made a fresh batch of homemade yogurt, so probably something that involves that. But otherwise, the fridge is kinda empty.

Surf and turf. A perfect little filet cooked Pittsburgh rare, some Argentinian pink shrimp with melted butter, rosemary potatoes browned in duck fat. Lemon poppy seed mug cake for dessert.
    Many of my cousins and my sisters and I are all getting together at my Uncle's house to night to eat up all the funeral food (you know, all the food people send when someone dies?). I have no idea what all is there but I'm guessing a couple tons of pasta and Italian bread and casseroles and deli trays and cookies and cakes and pies. 
    Today I picked up a rotisserie chicken, spring mix and a couple of whole grain baguettes from the grocery store. I had company and wanted something easy. My friend brought homemade cupcakes for dessert.

Many of my cousins and my sisters and I are all getting together at my Uncle's house to night to eat up all the funeral food (you know, all the food people send when someone dies?). I have no idea what all is there but I'm guessing a couple tons of pasta and Italian bread and casseroles and deli trays and cookies and cakes and pies. 
    @jeepcurlygurl, did you lose a family member? 

@ellaj Yes, my Aunt. She had alzheimers but luckily for me I was one of the few people she knew until just the last month or so. 
    @ellaj Yes, my Aunt. She had alzheimers but luckily for me I was one of the few people she knew until just the last month or so. 
    Oh no, I am very sorry to hear this @jeepcurlygurl. It must be comforting to know that she remembered you. Alzheimers can be so stressful for family members, I know this very well. :(

Thanks @ellaj ;
    I have no interest in sports but the Italian Civic Club is having a Super Bowl party so I'm going with my sister, dad, friends. For $5 you get all you can eat/drink chicken wing, hoagies, beer, pop, etc. So that will be supper!
    Same plan for me @jeepcurlygurl, just getting ready to head out to a Super Bowl party. Junk food galore!  :)

I'm sorry for your loss, @jeepcurlygurl .

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Thanks @Gretchen
    Chili and corndog bread.
    So yesterday morning, when it was cool, cloudy and rainy I asked my husband if we wanted chili for dinner. Yes.  
    In the course of the day, however, it turned sunny and warmed up about 20 degrees. Not exactly chili weather. But we had it anyway. :) 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file