What's for dinner tonight?

Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,633Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
I love to cook, but I hate trying to figure out what to make!  I don't like repeating recipes too often, so I'm constantly looking for stuff to make.

Tonight we have leftover baked ziti.  But tomorrow...I dunno.  So hit me up with your dinner ideas!  Bonus points if it's quick and easy!
Formerly known as Janiegirl
2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
Current products:
Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
Innersense I Create Volume
Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,751Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Tonight I'm making something that my dear friend makes at least once a week. Never made it but thought I'd give it a try... picadillo
    Make some lemon-ginger chicken thighs last night. They were pretty good. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,653Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I love to cook and spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I mostly cook on the weekends and freeze portions for lunch and dinner for the week. It makes it quick and easy to eat healthy(ish) homemade real food. 
    Tonight I'm having chili. And maybe I'll make some bisquits. 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,633Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Ooh, picadillo is good.  It's been ages since I made that.

I think tonight is pizza.  I'm getting my hair cut after work, then I'll have to battle traffic on the way home.  Tomorrow though, I'll really have to come up with something.  Maybe I can do some Greek chicken wraps.  Marinate some boneless, skinless chicken pieces in a Greek dressing, then cook, then shred or cut up into small pieces.  Serve in pita pockets, with a tomato and cucumber and onion salad, some tzatziki sauce (bought pre-made at the store), maybe some hummus.  Crumbled feta on top.
    Current products:
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,751Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    I was pleased with the way the picadillo turned out. One of my sons didn't care for it, but with 5 people in the family, it's hard to find something EVERYONE likes.   :D

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,653Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I just dug homemade sauce out of the freezer and am throwing in some pork chops and will let it simmer for a couple hours while I bake xmas cookies.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,118Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    We had chickpea spinach pie with mashed potato. Was going to do some little spicy potatoes but couldn't be bothered so mash it was!
    3b in South Australia.
    I'm going to try something different tonight.  I saw a picture, but didn't look at the recipe, so I'm just going to wing it.

Chicken in bite-size pieces and broccoli, mixed with pasta and a cheese sauce. 
    Current products:
  • ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Breakfast for dinner at our house tonight. It is my husband's favorite dinner. I will do pancakes, eggs and ham. 

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

I LOVE breakfast for dinner!  We do that quite often.  I'd have breakfast for breakfast, but I'm not a morning person.  Coffee is about all I can handle.

Current products:
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,118Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I had breakfast for dinner tonight too - working nights it's something I do regularly, otherwise I feel like I'm eating too much.
    3b in South Australia.
    Swai with a pesto, parm, walnut crust and some pasta with olive oil, tons of garlic, and hot pepper flakes. 
    Swai with a pesto, parm, walnut crust and some pasta with olive oil, tons of garlic, and hot pepper flakes. 
    What time should I be there, jeepcurlygurl? I can bring dessert, I made three loaves of banana bread this morning.

I will pick up dinner tonight, just need to decide between a pesto pizza with spinach, roasted red peppers and artichoke hearts....or....Thai. The days are getting busier as we inch closer to Christmas Eve. Take-out helps.

I made a yummy Asian salad last night. Lettuce, cabbage, carrots, cilantro, mint, sliced almonds with a tasty peanut dressing. Oh and shredded rotisserie chicken. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Gretchen said:
    I made a yummy Asian salad last night. Lettuce, cabbage, carrots, cilantro, mint, sliced almonds with a tasty peanut dressing. Oh and shredded rotisserie chicken. 
    I think cilantro is one of my favorite spices, Gretchen. Your salad sounds so delicious, especially with the rotisserie chicken, Mmmm! :)

I ended up getting the pesto pizza  for last nights dinner. Tonight will be chili, the hotter and spicier the better. We go through a LOT of hot peppers. I add them to almost everything. I will admit to using canned beans, canned tomatoes and tomato paste. Fresh onions and peppers are the only real prep, they have to be diced up. Makes a tasty, fast, meal. Toast or nacho chips make a nice addition, too.

I forgot to mention the snow peas!  Those are tasty in there too! 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Pesto pizza sounds great.... do you get it from a grocery or a restaurant? 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    @Gretchen That salad sounds so good and I love rotisserie chicken. But I detest cilantro. I can actually taste it's horridness just thinking about it. Nope. haha. 
    Tonight's dinner will be a mystery until I get to the little Christmas party I'm going to after work. There's a 93 year old lady who takes one of my gym classes at Active Aging and she regularly has Happy Hour at her house with fancy martinis and nibbles and has invited me to come since I first met her. All her friends are my age or younger (well how many friends do you have left when you are 93?) and it's an eclectic group. I'm an introvert by trade but I force myself to go because I know she is lonely. 
    So the food is always a mystery. Sometimes it will be a dish of walnuts and a bowl of olives. The next time it will be a large appetizer spread. And the next time it will be a bowl of pretzels. So I'm hoping for some food or else I will have to make supper when I get home. : ) 
    Gretchen said:
    Pesto pizza sounds great.... do you get it from a grocery or a restaurant? 
    I picked it up from pizza pizza. 

Tonight's dinner will be a mystery until I get to the little Christmas party I'm going to after work. There's a 93 year old lady who takes one of my gym classes at Active Aging and she regularly has Happy Hour at her house with fancy martinis and nibbles and has invited me to come since I first met her. All her friends are my age or younger (well how many friends do you have left when you are 93?) and it's an eclectic group. I'm an introvert by trade but I force myself to go because I know she is lonely. 
    So the food is always a mystery. Sometimes it will be a dish of walnuts and a bowl of olives. The next time it will be a large appetizer spread. And the next time it will be a bowl of pretzels. So I'm hoping for some food or else I will have to make supper when I get home. : ) 
    Sounds like a good time, I hope you don't have to make supper when you get home. I am also an introvert by trade. I don't "people" too often.  

This is so cute. And funny. What a sweetheart. I read a story this weekend about elderly people taking in college students as roommates/companions. The elders get companionship and the youngers get very affordable rent. Seems like a cool idea. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    @Gretchen That salad sounds so good and I love rotisserie chicken. But I detest cilantro. I can actually taste it's horridness just thinking about it. Nope. haha. 
    Hilarious. Seems like people either LOVE or HATE cilantro!  I'm in the former category but I know plenty who loathe it. Well, you can just leave it out of this recipe! 

☺ 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    I cooked a small turkey today to slice up and put in the fridge. Turkey sandwiches are a must for the next few days. I also cooked some fresh cranberries, using white grape juice instead of water to cook them in. I added cinnamon, lemon zest and nutmeg to kick it up a notch. My husband makes a sandwich with a slice of turkey topped with cranberries and spring mix on toasted calabrese bread. I like mine with turkey, lots of mustard, salt, pepper and spring mix. Any kind of bread for me, I love bread of any kind.

Tonight was an odd assortment of leftovers. Ham, macaroni salad, quinoa, potatoes o'brien, pepperoni, chips and dip, Christmas cookies.
    We made a prime rib roast for Christmas dinner, so I think we're going to have beef dip sandwiches for dinner.  The au jus is all gone, but I have a packet of au jus mix I'll use.
    Current products:
    Leftovers, gotta love them! I think I need to get out of the kitchen today. Lunch out would be a nice change.

Tonight I'm trying to use up the leftover ham. A giant pot of boiled dinner and a giant pot of haluski are on the stove. And there's still ham left! How big was that ham?!
    I had never heard of haluski.... so I looked it up!  Looks yummy. I love cabbage ever so slightly cooked, like in Asian stirfries.  

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file