Is the devacurl diffuser worth it

hannahk215hannahk215 Posts: 5Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Its super pricey so I want to know how it is before i splurge

Comments

• rbbrbb Posts: 4,350Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i bought it many years ago.  i never use it -- the hand seems to frizz my hair.  
    it is an ionic dryer so that is good, but you can buy an ionic dryer without the hand, just a bowl diffuser.  i have an ionic tourmaline dryer that i bought almost 15 yrs ago.   so it's worth the investment.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • curly01curly01 Posts: 92Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have the deva dryer and the hand.  I actually bought them separately.  I love the dryer but the hand, I think, only works well on thick hair.  I have thin, fine hair and it makes my hair worse.  I never get frizz.  I get flat hair.  I actually talked with the people at Deva and they told me it will work and to try diffusing upside down.   That did NOT work either.  I just had a mess.  I bought it at Ulta so I can still take it back but I've been using my regular diffuser bowl to dry my hair about 80% and then I will use the hand at my crown area.  Putting the fingers up into my hair above my forehead and I get quite a bit of volume there that way.  I NEED volume!!!  Seems silly to pay 50.00 for something that I only use in one area of my head tho.  I might hold onto it.  I had a medical issue last spring and lost about 30% of my hair and it is starting to grow back SLOWLY.  So the hand might work better for me in time. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file