Help Us Make Sure CurlTalk Rocks!

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Our latest winner is @jeepcurlygurl !  Thanks, Jeep, for helping to make CurlTalk such a fun and informative place to hang out! 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Congratulations, @jeepcurlygurl :) 

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,722Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    edited January 2018
    Oh yay!!  Thanks @Gretchen!! 
    Thanks @ellaj!
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • bomegabomega Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Congrats Jeepy! :)
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,722Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Thanks @bomega!
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • FLsmidgetFLsmidget Posts: 30Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    @Gretchen thank you for bringing curltalk forums back to life. So much useful positive info from everyone. 
    2c fine, medium density, high porosity

Humid FL

Co Wash: Sauve Tropical Coconut Conditioner
    Conditioner: Biolage HydraSource, SM JBC0
    Deep Conditioner: SM Manuka Honey, SM JBCO
    Leave In: SM JBCO, AG Fast Food Moisture 
    Stylers: CK, Deva Arc Angel, Eden Coconut Defining Cream, Cantu Curl Activator

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    FlSmidget said:
    @Gretchen thank you for bringing curltalk forums back to life. So much useful positive info from everyone. 
    My pleasure. It's been so much fun!  

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Msosa325Msosa325 Posts: 5Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Just joined today. Glad I found somewhere I can start my CG journey!!!
    Welcome to NC @Msosa325!
    We're so glad to have you @Msosa325!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    edited January 2018
    Our Grand Prize Winner in our CurlTalk Rocks contest is BOMEGA!
    Congratulations, Bomega, and thank you for all you've done to get CurlTalk energized! 
    Look for a package of goodies — hair products galore and a $150 Target gift card — to arrive in the mail soon!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Congrats Bomega! 
    Congratulations Bomega!

Thank you @jeepcurlygurl and @ellaj! It's been great to see Curltalk coming back to life. <3 And of course we have @Gretchen to thank for that. :)
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

You are welcome, @bomega:)

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,980Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Congratulations to all the winners!  And thanks to NC and Gretchen and all of you for bringing this place back to life!
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • Kinky Curly-Coily MeganKinky Curly-Coily Megan Posts: 67Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Will they have another one soon?
    We may indeed do another contest, but I hope you'll stick around and enjoy CurlTalk regardless! :) 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Kinky Curly-Coily MeganKinky Curly-Coily Megan Posts: 67Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    I will I like this site! 
    The closest Target is 45 minutes away so I used my gift card online. Ordered at noon one day and it was delivered to me at lunch the next! Wow, that's fast!  I had fun picking out lots of goodies. Thanks again!

So many goodies to try, @jeepcurlygurl! I still have to get to Target, soon, very soon!  I haven't seen a round tin of Nivea in a very long time.

@ellaj ; I already have so much hair stuff to use up, so I only bought one hair item (a flavor of Suave that I never saw around here). I love Sally Hansen Insta Dri so I got some new colors!
    @jeepcurlygurl, I am going to pick up a bottle of the Mixed Chicks leave in conditioner from Target along with some Burt's Bees lip balm. 

I am SO appreciative of the amazing gift box of goodies that I received, so yes, many many thanks! :)

Wow!  So much fun!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    edited February 2018
    I am so grateful for the generous prize I have already received! So many things to try! Thank you so much! :)

I'm also so excited about finally getting to try the things I have been rec'ing as on my list of things to try :D and so many things I've been secretly eyeing for so long: Definitely Kinky Curly Come Clean, Camille Rose Naturals Algae Treatment, and As I Am Leave-in. Also, KC Control Custard, CRN Style Milk, UFD Curly Magic, Herbal Essences Set Me Up, Aussie Instant Freeze, Suave Essentials Ocean Breeze...

Also, last week I drove to Seattle for my haircut, and my phone wasn't pairing with my speaker on the drive up, and I was able to pick up an audio aux cable for the drive back.

edited February 2018
    I realized I needed to pace myself a little. So I ended up ordering KC Come Clean, CRN Algae Treatment, CRN Coconut Water Leave-in, As I Am Leave-in, and UFD Curly Magic. I think these are going to keep me busy experimenting for a while. I feel like it's Christmas. :)

However, I guess Target thinks I live in the boonies because they are splitting the order, and I won't get everything until Thursday.

I will I like this site! 
    Just wanted to ask you if you've been able to spend much time here and if you've learned fabulous new hair care information! 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • bobbybobby Posts: 784Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Gretchen said:

We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!  

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes!

Target gift cards, autographed Curl Revolution books, hair care products galore — all could be yours by simply being an active CurlTalker. Ask those little hair care questions that have been bothering you for years, or help another curly solve a problem that’s been bugging her.

Here are some more details about what we’re looking for and what you can win!

Dec 10-Dec 16: Member creating the most new discussions (Prize: signed Curl Revolution book, hair care products)

Dec 17-23: Member adding the most comments ($30 Target gift card, hair care products)

Dec 31 - Jan 6: Member adding the most reward points to their engagement score (likes, agrees, post counts, etc) ($30 Target gift card, hair care products)

Jan 7 - Jan 13: Member creating the most new discussions (Prize: signed Curl Revolution book, hair care products)

Jan 14 - Jan 20:  Member adding the most comments ($30 Target gift card, hair care products)

On Jan 24, one grand prize winner will be announced. A signed Curl Revolution book, a $150 Target gift card and a selection of hair care products will go to the member contributing the most over the Dec 10 - Jan 13 period.

Members may win only one of the weekly prizes, but winners of a weekly prize will also be eligible for the grand prize. More details in the rules here. 

Thanks for your help with this, curlies!  Together we can make CurlTalk rock again!

Cheers, Gretchen! You are so wonderful beyond belief!
    2B always with potential of white man's fro

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/bobby-albums-my-album.html

"Curls aren't just for girls"
    May's winner is @Therese1!  Thank you, Therese, for helping us invigorate CurlTalk! 

And thanks to everyone else who has been posting, commenting and liking others' posts!  

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Thanks, Gretchen! It's great seeing CurlTalk get back on its feet! There are so many wonderful members here who are knowledgeable.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair