Help Us Make Sure CurlTalk Rocks!

GretchenGretchen AdministratorPosts: 10,747Administrators, Moderators Administrator
edited January 4 in Announcements

We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!  

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes!

Target gift cards, autographed Curl Revolution books, hair care products galore — all could be yours by simply being an active CurlTalker. Ask those little hair care questions that have been bothering you for years, or help another curly solve a problem that’s been bugging her.

Here are some more details about what we’re looking for and what you can win!

Dec 10-Dec 16: Member creating the most new discussions (Prize: signed Curl Revolution book, hair care products)

Dec 17-23: Member adding the most comments ($30 Target gift card, hair care products)

Dec 31 - Jan 6: Member adding the most reward points to their engagement score (likes, agrees, post counts, etc) ($30 Target gift card, hair care products)

Jan 7 - Jan 13: Member creating the most new discussions (Prize: signed Curl Revolution book, hair care products)

Jan 14 - Jan 20:  Member adding the most comments ($30 Target gift card, hair care products)

On Jan 24, one grand prize winner will be announced. A signed Curl Revolution book, a $150 Target gift card and a selection of hair care products will go to the member contributing the most over the Dec 10 - Jan 13 period.

Members may win only one of the weekly prizes, but winners of a weekly prize will also be eligible for the grand prize. More details in the rules here. 

Thanks for your help with this, curlies!  Together we can make CurlTalk rock again!

Gretchen
NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
3A

You are beautiful!

Comments

• baeby_dollbaeby_doll Posts: 15Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
    cheers! I chose the best day to make an account :smiley:

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,747Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Welcome, @baeby_doll !  We're so glad you've joined us!  You'll find lots of great info about curly hair and some curl love, too. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • si_erra4si_erra4 Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Excited to join the curly community. 🤗
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,747Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    si_erra4 said:
    Excited to join the curly community. 🤗
    So happy to have you!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • DivsDivs Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    So much to learn from here! 
  • Me and my CurlsMe and my Curls Posts: 5Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    I’ve always been exposed to natural, but I’ve just started to do it myself. I’m so glad to find a curly community.
    Divs said:
    So much to learn from here! 
    Thanks for joining us!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    I’ve always been exposed to natural, but I’ve just started to do it myself. I’m so glad to find a curly community.
    So glad to have you here!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    We're glad to have you!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!

We have some winners! 

Week 1:  @CurlyCanadian
    Week 2: @bomega

Congratulations, Curlies, and thanks so much for helping us make CurlTalk Rock once again! 

I'll reach out to you via PM with the details! 

There's still time to win great prizes by improving your reputation score this week! Post, like, comment, etc to win! 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    How exciting!! congrats @bomega and @CurlyCanadian

Let's keep it up, I so enjoy my time here, everyone is helpful and very supportive.  :)

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    edited January 5
    Yay! Thanks @ellaj. I agree. I'm glad curltalk is coming back.

And thanks Gretchen for making it happen. :)
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,629Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Congratulations @CurlyCanadian and @bomega

I've noticed things are really starting to pick up in the last week or so.  It's so nice to see all the new activity.  Thanks for making it happen!
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,652Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Yay! Congrats @bomega ; & @CurlyCanadian !!  It's nice to have activity back here again after wandering the desert alone for the last few years. : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    Y'all are wonderful! So happy to have this community. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Mehndi-RubiMehndi-Rubi Posts: 24Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hello!  I've been gone awhile, but I'm back.  I started on NaturallyCurly in 2009.  It doesn't seem possible that it was so long ago! I started out with a frizzy mess that refused to grow. I learned so much here, and  I've never returned to "sulfates" or non-water-soluble silicones. I now have long, healthy, curly hair!
    3A/B in Hot Dry Desert, Low Porosity
    I LOVE MY Q-REDEW

DevaCurl Low Poo Original in rotation with No Poo Decadence
    DevaCurl One Condition Original, DevaCurl B'Leave-In, KCKT
    Clarify: Miss Jessie's Super Slip Sudsy
    Deva Arc Angel Gel & Set It Free
    Mist-er Right, Alikay Aloe Berry Gel
    Ecoco Eco-Lesterol, Deva Melt Into Moisture
    Color: Ancient Sunrise Rajasthani Monsoon Henna

Hello!  I've been gone awhile, but I'm back.  I started on NaturallyCurly in 2009.  It doesn't seem possible that it was so long ago! I started out with a frizzy mess that refused to grow. I learned so much here, and  I've never returned to "sulfates" or non-water-soluble silicones. I now have long, healthy, curly hair!
    So glad you've come back! Post a pic of your beautiful new hair! 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Our week #3 winner is ellaj!  Thanks to all of you for helping us get CurlTalk invigorated again! 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    This is awesome!! Thank-you, Gretchen!  <3 

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,652Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    congrats @ellaj!
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    congrats @ellaj!
    Thank-you jeepcurlygurl!  :)

• TKSweeneyTKSweeney Posts: 24Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    I love this forum💜
    And we're so glad you've joined us, @TKSweeney !

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!

CONGRATULATIONS to our Week 4 winner, @Savagegirl! Thank you for starting so many new discussions! 

This week is most comments, so please comment on all the fabulous threads/discussions we've got going on CurlTalk! 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Congrats @Savagegirl !
    CONGRATULATIONS @Savagegirl!!  :)

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Congrats @Savagegirl! And congrats @ellaj! I missed the announcement of your win!

And thank you @Gretchen for posting this on the front of the main page for us to see!
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
    bomega said:
    Congrats @Savagegirl! And congrats @ellaj! I missed the announcement of your win!

And thank you @Gretchen for posting this on the front of the main page for us to see!
    Thank-you so much, @bomega:)

• Naturally_BellaNaturally_Bella Posts: 6Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Will there be an app soon?
    Will there be an app soon?
    There are no plans for an app any time soon. But the website is responsive.... have you tried using it on a mobile device? 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!