Looking for organic or non-toxic alternatives to my holy grail products

dinanicjdinanicj Posts: 8Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hi -- I've been doing the CG method for years now and have several products I love. But, as a cancer survivor, eliminating toxins from my life is really important to me. Does anybody have any recommendations for organic and / or all natural (really all natural...) products (and especially a cleansing conditioner, shampoo and leave-in)?  Also welcome recipes. Currently my favorite products are:
  • Curl Junkie Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner
  • Curl Junkie Beauticurls Daily Conditioner
  • Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave-in
  • Gels... like KCCC, Curl Junkie Pattern Push and Camille Rose Curlmaker 
Thank you! 

Best Answer

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    Curl Junkie, Kinky Curly, Camille Rose Naturals...those are all pretty natural. But if you are looking for ideas,
    1) I am a big fan of Alaffia products. I think they are just such a great company that their products are at least worth a try. In addition to their original line products, they have a two value lines called Everyday Shea/Everyday Coconut which is more affordable. I really like the Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Shampoo/Conditioner in the winter. Saves money and moisturizes/protects my hair without weighing it down. They also have a curly line called Beautiful Curls which they developed for their mixed race children. (However, many of the products in this line have magnesium sulfate, which my hair doesn't seem to like.) You can find their products at Whole Foods, and if you don't like it, I think you can still return them for a full refund.
    2) Eco Sevi is a very natural product line that she developed when she was dealing with health problems of her own. I have never tried these products, but they are on my list.
    3) Raw Curls is another brand that was developed with the owners developed health problems. I also have never tried this, and would love to, but my hair no longer likes silk protein (and almost all of their products have it.)
    4) Have you tried homemade flax seed gel? There is a 40+ page thread somewhere here around NC.com for how to make it. You can also buy it from Sweet Curls Elixir on Etsy, who can also customize it for you.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order

Answers

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,724Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Maybe something here would be to your specifications?
    https://shop.naturallycurly.com/shop-by-ingredient-type/#
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file