Can't figure out the new changes here so....

LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,765Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
See you curlies on FB.  Not coming back here.  If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,716Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    It certainly seemed like it was broke! The last 3 years it was terrible. Full of spam, couldn't post half the time, double posts constantly, no mods, no replies to questions about fixing the forum. etc etc.  I'm really appreciating the revamp!
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Same. I’m not loving the layout (and sucks in my phone, but better on my iPad), but Gretchen seems to be working really hard to get it up and running again. I’ve lasted this long, I’ll stick it out :)
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator

See you curlies on FB.  Not coming back here.  If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.
    Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that. Had you been here recently? It was really quite a mess, something the company had really regretted. 
    We did our best to fix it, and we're terribly sorry to hear we failed, for you. If there are specifics we can address, please let us know. We're working on the mobile responsiveness now... we know that's a problem. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,211Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Oh, I hope Lotsa changes her mind.  I'm sticking it out for now but not entirely used to this format yet.  I would miss all of you if you left - I hope we get through this.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,165Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I hope she does too. Have to say I find the changes all a bit confusing but the basics are all ok and things are working so much better.so I'll stick with it too. Probably not as much as it displays really weirdly on my ipad and I can't be bothered with the computer unless I'm at work.
    3b in South Australia.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Thanks for sticking with us. We are working on the mobile issues, and hope to have those fixed soon. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    edited December 2017
    I know that I am a newbie and that I haven't made the connections and friendships that the rest of you have over the years, but I definitely feel a sense of community here. Forums are rather new to me in general so I think I can fairly say that it can be frustrating to start over with a new concept and layout, especially when one is used to a familiar vibe.  I am getting used to how things operate and I enjoy my visits here more and more. Yesterday I downloaded the newest version of my Mac operating system and to say I am confused and disoriented is an understatement, lol. It won't take too long before I am comfortable with it, though.

Gretchen, You and the rest of the crew here are doing a stellar job of getting this forum back on track. Thank-you for all of your hard work.

ella  ;)

Oh, forgot to say that I am tickled to now be a Curl Connoisseur, thanks!

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,683Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    @Lotsawaves, I hope you will give it a try for a while and ask questions.  I think we are all trying to figure out the new changes, so you are not alone.  

I'm trying to muddle through the new layout and get used to the new functionality.  I like the Facebook groups, but I always find threads in FB hard to follow.  NaturallyCurly.com was my favorite hair hangout before so I'm looking forward to it getting back on its feet.  
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
    rouquinne said:
    well, i'm not on FB, and after almost 20 years here, where else would i go? you're all stuck with me for the long haul! :D
    Thank you, Rou. We're trying our best to make everyone happy!  I'm working with them right now on the avatar thing, in fact. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,765Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I'm starting to get the hang of it, but I still don't care for the new changes.  I use my laptop only.  My phone is very basic.  I just call & text on it.  I'm not one of those people who are always on my phone.  
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
    @Lotsawaves Thanks for trying; I really appreciate it. You've been with us a long time and I'd really hate to lose you. 
     I know it's different, but I think it's mostly better different, though there may be some not-so-good different. Anyway, we're working hard to fix a few things that we know aren't perfect yet. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • curlyannie80curlyannie80 Posts: 334Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hi, I had stopped using my phone app because something went really wrong, and I couldn't even access the app for a really long time. So it has been a LONG time since Ive been on here, but it looks good to me :) And its nice to be back on.
  • hmkennyhmkenny Posts: 1,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Gretchen said:
    @Lotsawaves Thanks for trying; I really appreciate it. You've been with us a long time and I'd really hate to lose you. 
     I know it's different, but I think it's mostly better different, though there may be some not-so-good different. Anyway, we're working hard to fix a few things that we know aren't perfect yet. 

Hi Gretchen - is there a way to view the most recent post in a thread?  View first unread?
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    @hmkenny For me it’s goung right to the newest when I open the thread.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,552Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I'm finding the new changes hard to navigate also, but I figure a lot of that is simply that it takes time to learn something new. I'm not on FB either (and don't plan to be), so I'm happy staying here. I think that CurlTalk is a really supportive community, so I am willing to put in some extra time to figure things out. And I know that if I have questions, I can post a thread and get the question answered. Thanks for working so hard to get CurlTalk going again, Gretchen! 
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
    @hmkenny It should automatically take you to the newest post in a thread, assuming you've read the thread before. 
    @Therese1 Thank you.  I know it's tricky, but we're trying really hard. The tech team is crazy busy doing some stuff for the main site, but I'm hoping to get help from them here and there to continue to perfect things here on CurlTalk. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Hi, I had stopped using my phone app because something went really wrong, and I couldn't even access the app for a really long time. So it has been a LONG time since Ive been on here, but it looks good to me :) And its nice to be back on.
    Thanks for coming back — we're so glad to have you! Yes, the phone app no longer works. We're working to make the mobile experience better! BTW, your hair looks AWESOME in your avatar!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    hi Annie! welcome back! Lotsa!!!!!  *hug* *hug* *hug*
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file