Ouidad PlayCurl Volumizing styling Spray Dupe?

Libby_Libby_ Posts: 19Registered Users Curl Novice
does anyone know of a good dupe for the Ouidad playcurl volumizing styling spray? I love what it does for my curls but I realized its not CG friendly as it contains water soluble silicones. no other spray has worked for my hair like this one but id rather not use silicones, even water soluble ones. 
Curly Girl as of 12/1/15?
2B/C Waves
normal porosity
current hair routine: 
Low-poo: Shea Moisture coconut and Habiscus
CoWash: As I Am Coconut Cowash
Conditioner: She’s Moisture Coconut ans Habiscus 
Styling Cream: DeVaCurl Wave Maker
Gel: LA Looks Gel (Blue) 
plop 15-30 minutes
air dry or diffuse on low heat and power
Also currently trying out the DevaCurl products for wavy hair
(occasionally get tired of how much time is takes and wear my hair up a lot which causes me to lose definition)

Best Answer

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,205 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    Actually, water-soluble silicones *are* CG friendly, so you can feel free to continue using the product.

As for similar products, you could maybe try the Aveda Volumizing Tonic. Andalou also makes something that I think is called Styling Spray, which is basically a protein-rich spray. I think that maybe your hair enjoys the protein in the PlayCurl product. You could also experiment with using protein-rich conditioners to see if that also gives you good results.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Answers

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,423Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    I'm sorry no one's been able to help you with this — hopefully someone will weigh in soon. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file