Gift suggestions for office co-worker needed. $25 limit

SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
My co-worker and I get along great, I really like her!  But each year I'm stumped regarding what to get her for a holiday present (or birthday present for that matter).  I am not a DIY fan, so I typically don't make crafty things or bake.  She gets migraines, so candles or other scented items could trigger them so I avoid those. 

I've given her favorite brand of liquor once or twice -- she LOVED that LOL.  I've gotten her personalized luggage tags from Etsy (she cruises a lot).   She just moved into a new house.  She's told me that her DH thinks gift cards are a cop-out, but I love giving those and she has commented that she loves them too.  Mentioning the g.c. thing about her DH because I would love to get her one to a nearby restaurant we've discussed.

I welcome any and all suggestions!  And maybe this thread will help other people who are stumped for gift ideas also.
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    A little more then a gift card, maybe a gift certificate for a manicure? 

I do do think for a specific restaurant (especially if she’s mentioned it) is different then say a prepaid Visa. She’s mentioned it, she wants to try it, no different then her say mentioning a scarf she really liked Andy getting that. 
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I like the restaurant gift card idea. 
    Or the pedi idea, but you make it a girls' day, and you both go!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I agree about the restaurant gift card and maybe give it along with a little kitchen gadget for her new kitchen. Does she like to cook? Maybe a nice bottle of olive oil and good balsamic vinegar along with the gift card. 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • GlamourstruckkGlamourstruckk Posts: 312Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I tend to just watch the coupon blogs to see what is on sale when it comes to coworkers. I got them bracelets with our mascot on them as a little charm. Cost me $5 each when they're $18 at full price!

If that is a little too "uncertain" for your style, I'd get her a gift card with a little something else. Perhaps look into those stocking stuffer sections they have in just about every store. A chocolate bar goes nice with everything.

Kayla

Youtube - Website
    4b/Density:iii/Strands:Fine, MBL
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
     A chocolate bar goes nice with everything.
    Truth!  :)
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file