Christmas Shopping

GretchenGretchen AdministratorPosts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
edited December 2017 in Non-hair discussion
How "done" are you? 

Gretchen
NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
3A

You are beautiful!

Christmas Shopping

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,716Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    100%
    I've been done shopping, wrapped, house decorated, xmas cards mailed, all before Thanksgiving. I like to have lots of time in December to go to parties and bake lots of cookies.
    I'm actually mostly done shopping for 2018.  It's just how I roll.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • GlamourstruckkGlamourstruckk Posts: 308Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    25%
    I know you're not on here asking how done we are in the beginning of the month!  :D lol. My mom tends to ask what we want in October so she's likely done. I tend to see what I like as my favorite coupon blogs update.

Just got my mom a replacement Naked Pallet for $24. She lost the first one in a hotel.  :( RIP to all the money I spent on that one. I also got my coworkers Alex and Ani bracelets for $5 each! I'll continue on down the shopping list as the deals arise.

Kayla

Youtube - Website
    4b/Density:iii/Strands:Fine, MBL
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    75%
    Pretty much! Waiting on a few Amazon deliveries, then pretty much just food and good!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    I've been done shopping, wrapped, house decorated, xmas cards mailed, all before Thanksgiving. I like to have lots of time in December to go to parties and bake lots of cookies.
    I'm actually mostly done shopping for 2018.  It's just how I roll.
    WOW! 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,165Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    My overseas stuff is done, but only just. Haven't even started for SO and the boys. Am at work now and halfway through writing cards, just can't be bothered with anything this year.
    3b in South Australia.
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,683Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    75%
    I still have a few to buy.  White elephant, office co-worker, family members.   :/
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    100%
    I am all done my shopping which isn't a huge feat, my list is so short.  ;)

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• alacurlalacurl Posts: 1,199Registered Users Curl Novice
    Is Christmas coming up?
    Have been consumed with getting Doug Jones elected to the U.S. Senate. Plus I've been sick since Thanksgiving. Ugh. So I've done NOTHING.
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    75%
    alacurl, nice to see you again, good job on Senator Jones - even up here in Canada we thank you! feel better soon!

i just have to get something for my aunt, nothing expensive, but i'll get her a nice bottle of wine and decorate it like a pineapple! LOL! my uncle just wants us to make cookies for him and my sister and i buy mom a case of wine, but we go to the store and let her pick out the ones she wants.

my sister wanted a book and a liner for her shopping cart that i zipped up on the sewing machine using cobalt blue fabric with a vinyl backing. i also found cozy purple slipper socks for her.

My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,716Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    100%
    alacurl said:
    Have been consumed with getting Doug Jones elected to the U.S. Senate. Plus I've been sick since Thanksgiving. Ugh. So I've done NOTHING.

Thanks for working on that campaign! Hope you feel better soon.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    alacurl said:
    Thank you for your work on the Jones campaign! Hope you are able to get caught up on shopping.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    rouquinne said:
    alacurl, nice to see you again, good job on Senator Jones - even up here in Canada we thank you! feel better soon!

i just have to get something for my aunt, nothing expensive, but i'll get her a nice bottle of wine and decorate it like a pineapple! LOL! my uncle just wants us to make cookies for him and my sister and i buy mom a case of wine, but we go to the store and let her pick out the ones she wants.

my sister wanted a book and a liner for her shopping cart that i zipped up on the sewing machine using cobalt blue fabric with a vinyl backing. i also found cozy purple slipper socks for her.

Ok, so you make a wine bottle look like a pineapple? Photos, please! And you sewed up a shopping cart liner (for a baby?) just like that?! You're amazing!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Hullacurls92Hullacurls92 Posts: 28Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I wish I was close to done! I still have to shop for all my family 😩. And the worst part is that now the lines and the traffic are terrible!
    ^I still have stuff to do too, not looking forward to it, the parking's always a nightmare here. I've made a very detailed list to hopefully keep me on track!
    3b in South Australia.
    I wish I was close to done! I still have to shop for all my family 😩. And the worst part is that now the lines and the traffic are terrible!
    Hope it goes as smoothly as possible! 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    edited December 2017
    100%
    The traffic is so heavy around our malls, Hallacurls92, not to mention being stalked for your parking space when you leave the parking lot, lol! That is if you can find a parking spot to begin with. ;)

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    75%
    here's how to pineapple a wine bottle!  :D

http://www.handimania.com/diy/pineapple-champagne-bottle.html

My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    And I'm done! Finally.
    3b in South Australia.
    100%
    Today on the news I heard that December 22nd was statistically the busiest shopping day of the Christmas Season, not sure why this would be.  I went to the mall this afternoon to run a short errand and it was crazy, they were right it would seem. 

• GlamourstruckkGlamourstruckk Posts: 308Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    25%
    Really? I wouldn’t think that to be so either. Then again, I’ve never gone out this close to Christmas. My last gift FINALLY arrived. 🙄 I wrapped it and the holiday shopping season at the same time! 

Kayla

Youtube - Website
    4b/Density:iii/Strands:Fine, MBL
    rouquinne said:
    here's how to pineapple a wine bottle!  :D

http://www.handimania.com/diy/pineapple-champagne-bottle.html

LOVE IT!  I'd never heard of that!  So cute! 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    ellaj said:
    Today on the news I heard that December 22nd was statistically the busiest shopping day of the Christmas Season, not sure why this would be.  I went to the mall this afternoon to run a short errand and it was crazy, they were right it would seem. 
    Dec. 22 is my twins' birthday (16 this year), so I have to be done before then! We went to Top Golf on their birthday... that was fun! 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    100%
    Gretchen said:
    ellaj said:
    Dec. 22 is my twins' birthday (16 this year), so I have to be done before then! We went to Top Golf on their birthday... that was fun! 
    Sounds like fun for sure, Gretchen. :)

Twins run in our family, three sets actually. Each set is Fraternal. A cousin had two sets and an aunt had one set. 

Today I went out to the mall for the boxing day sales, it was jam packed! I came home with a single pair of flannel pajama pants. I could have bought more but the line ups at the cash were crazy long. I didn't have the patience to wait.

Your cousin has two sets of twins?! Wow! How fun. Or crazy! 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    100%
    Gretchen said:
    Pretty wild! She had a single birth, set of twins, single birth and one more set of twins. Yes, six children in all. 

ellaj said:
    Gretchen said:
    Pretty wild! She had a single birth, set of twins, single birth and one more set of twins. Yes, six children in all. 
    OMG. I would put a bullet in my head. :)

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    100%
    Gretchen said:
    ellaj said:
    Gretchen said:
    OMG. I would put a bullet in my head. :)
    LOL! This was quite some time ago, they are all gown up now with their own families. The twinning in our family has not happened since. Four pregnancies = six children can be overwhelming, this is a given. ;)

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    75%
    I went to high school with two sets of twins, plus a single. Their birthdays were Dec 28/29/30 :o
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    100%
    I went to high school with two sets of twins, plus a single. Their birthdays were Dec 28/29/30 :o
    What are the chances of this happening? Wow! 

No way!  Wow. That's insane. But what a party! 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file