L-A-Z-Y Natural advice needed!

NatashaDWNatashaDW Registered Users Posts: 34 Curl Novice
Hello :)

I am a sophomore in nursing and I just need some advice on how to take better care of my hair.
I'm well aware of the full--time duty it takes to grow and nourish natural hair, but to be blatantly honest I don't have time! I'm a nursing student, so I don't even have a social life haha.
My hair is dry, and retains moisture for a very long time after I wash it and then is completely dry the next day. I'm not sure about the type or porosity, but once a or twice week I'm wash it with a 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner (Suave), put in my leave in, and slick that baby up with some grapeseed oil. I'm not going to lie, I often do not moisturize my hair daily. Mainly because of my school schedule, I leave very early in the morning and at night time, I'm too pooped to really twist my hair every night.
I also don't like doing too much with my hair. Like I said, it's dry and often sheds a lot and has fairy knots. I wear wigs on the weekend, but during the week I just wear my hair out.
But anyways, I'm all ears. What can be the simplest regimen when it comes to doing my natural hair? And can anyone else relate to being a lazy natural? :P I know I'm not alone hahaha.

I actually cut all of my hair off in febuary, and here's how it looks now!

I really have done the BARE minimum with my hair, and I'm grateful that it grew. But I would like it to be healthy too :)
Thanks!

Answers

• GlamourstruckkGlamourstruckk Registered Users Posts: 312 Curl Connoisseur
    Your hair may be dry because you are lacking conditioner in your routine. A 2-in-1 shampoo is just a more moisturizing shampoo and oils do not moisturize.

That said, all you need to do is cleanse, condition, and care. My regimen is pretty short. It takes about an hour excluding styling time and my hair is very thick and mid-back length.

I'll share it:
    Shampoo
    Instant Conditioner (finger detangle followed by a brush)
    Deep condition (20 mins, heat)
    Rinse
    Style

Were I to be really pressed for time, I'd skip the brushing and deep conditioner and go right into the styling after rinsing the instant conditioner. That'd shave about 30 mins off.

Kayla

Youtube - Website
    4b/Density:iii/Strands:Fine, MBL
  • NatashaDWNatashaDW Registered Users Posts: 34 Curl Novice
    Your hair may be dry because you are lacking conditioner in your routine. A 2-in-1 shampoo is just a more moisturizing shampoo and oils do not moisturize. That said, all you need to do is cleanse, condition, and care. My regimen is pretty short. It takes about an hour excluding styling time and my hair is very thick and mid-back length. I'll share it: Shampoo Instant Conditioner (finger detangle followed by a brush) Deep condition (20 mins, heat) Rinse Style Were I to be really pressed for time, I'd skip the brushing and deep conditioner and go right into the styling after rinsing the instant conditioner. That'd shave about 30 mins off.
    Thanks! I'll do my best to adopt that routine :)
    Do you things everyday for your hair too?
  • GlamourstruckkGlamourstruckk Registered Users Posts: 312 Curl Connoisseur
    NatashaDW said:
    No, I just take of my scarf in the morning. If my hair isn't wanting to fall, I put it in a low ponytail while I put on my clothes and makeup. 

Kayla

Youtube - Website
    4b/Density:iii/Strands:Fine, MBL
  • NatashaDWNatashaDW Registered Users Posts: 34 Curl Novice
    NatashaDW said:
    No, I just take of my scarf in the morning. If my hair isn't wanting to fall, I put it in a low ponytail while I put on my clothes and makeup. 
    Lovely! Thanks you so much! Thats literally an amazing regimen. I always thought that you had to have a full wash day and then every day you moisturize your hair and its encouraging that you can only do the first and still have healthy hair :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file