CurlTalk

1st successful plopping!!!

JaxieJaxie Posts: 1,282Registered Users
Lately my hair has been kind of limp and not curling well, and its just all of the sudden. So I have been getting very frustrated. I tried scrunching, twirling individual chunks of hair, changing products, and it was overconditioned, so I fixed that. But it still wasn't curling well, I read Leilani's post about plopping last night and realized the last time I unsuccessfully tried to plop my hair was much shorter. So I tried again this morning. I applied [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink] to sopping wet hair and then plopped for 30 minutes, then I took it out and had great curled clumps, then I applied joiwhip and it looked great. :o I think it would have dried great like that, if I had left it alone, but I had to put on my scraf/headband b/c its part of my easter outfit, but it still looks good, just some of the clumps broke up! I am sooo happy I tried plopping again! YAY! :D
~~jax
2c or 3a Cut most of my hair off in July '12 and am working on regrowing it.

Comments

• Koukla72Koukla72 Posts: 1,680Registered Users
    Edited due to a cyberstalker. Sorry, guys. :(
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    Congratulations! I was just thinking I should retry plopping now that my hair is longer. It gives me hope!
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • sfisher323sfisher323 Posts: 537Registered Users
    Congrats! I love plopping. :D
    embracing my inner curl since late Nov 2006
    2b/3a (I think?)
    color-treated red/brown, medium-textured hair
    PJ, currently using Suave citrus smoothie, B2B pom cond, GF C&S leave-in, AG re:coil, LOOB, HE SMU, Jessicurl HCC, CC, AIS
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,477Registered Users
    I could never plop until just in the last few days-hair is finally long enough-and so far, so good!
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB