Check out our improved Salon Finder!

MichelleMichelle AdministratorPosts: 739Administrators, Moderators Administrator
edited November 2017 in Salon/Stylist Chatter
We have been upgrading our salon finder to help you better find good curl stylists in your area. Please check it out, and if you have a great stylist, add your own salon/reviews! I consider finding a good stylist to be one of the most important steps in embracing your texture - someone who is going to help you embrace your curls rather than instantly pull out the flat iron or relaxer. :) :) :)
Michelle
co-founder
NaturallyCurly.com

Comments

• grizelgrizel Posts: 5Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I wish there was a way you have kept the old info...
    3A on a good day, medium length.
    Lives in SW Ohio, 48
    Shampoo: 1-2x a week - Aussie Moist or SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine (depending on needs)
    Conditioner: Every shower - Aussie Moist or SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine (depending on needs)
    Deep Conditioner: 2x month - Aussie 3-Minute Miracle
    Leave-in Spray: As needed - Aussie Hair Insurance
    Cream: When wet - SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie
    Pearl Clutching Dirty Secret: My hair *likes* silicone.

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    edited January 11
    The "Salon City" field is case-sensitive. Example: If you type in 'seattle', it will only return results where the original reviewer used a lower-case 's' in the city field of their review (one salon in this example).

The "Salon City" field also requires an exact match. Either a drop-down or a better search algorithm that can return close matches might be additionally helpful.

(ETA: Actually, drop-downs are kind of annoying, but have an advantage that you can choose multiples. It would be ok, but another option which *might* be better is an autofill. Approximate searches are a better option, but also have their flaws. At the moment, at least getting rid of the case-sensitivity would be quick-and-dirty of fixing the problem.)
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • bomegabomega Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    @Michelle: Thanks for the quick fix on the bug above. Just a couple of suggestions below:

1) Can you include greater distances in the drop-down for "Distance". For example, I live in a small town and it is 50 miles to the nearest downtown metro. 80 miles would include two metros from where I'm at and would grab suburbs on the other side.. But,personally, I might also like to search larger distances, maybe up to 150 miles to see if it is worth it to go in another direction.

2) It might be nice to have a "Next Page" link at the bottom of each page list so that its there when you scroll through the list.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • debzarantidebzaranti Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    I'd like to add a Deva Curl Salon in Oxford, Florida. Urban Hair Studio.

Urban Hair Studio

4036 County Road 106, Oxford, FL 34484
    (352) 748-0040

• JessiCurl94JessiCurl94 Posts: 17Registered Users Curl Novice
    I know I am very late to this conversation, but I would love if there was a feature to filter salons by their rating. I would love to have a way to more easily find the salons that actually have ratings at all.
  • MichelleMichelle Administrator Posts: 739Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    We will be making steady improvements, and will be adding filters like ratings, brand (DevaCurl, Ouidad), etc. Stay tuned!
    Michelle
    co-founder
    NaturallyCurly.com
  • Kinky Curly-Coily MeganKinky Curly-Coily Megan Posts: 67Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Great! I one day will be needing a salon to go to. 
  • misfitcurlsmisfitcurls Posts: 736Registered Users Curl Novice
    How do I add a salon?
    HENNA HEAD
    3B just past BSL in back (when curly)
    CG since 3/08
    HG's:biolage condtioning balm and kpak (both the generic value versions)
    overnight plop with a flour sack the strutt way
    honey after leave-in
    satin sleep cap & shea butter for day 2 hair
    USING:KCKT&KCCC(its my HG :))
    ALSO LOVE:jessicurl aloeba leave-in, rr, ccss
    http://public.fotki.com/misfitcurls/
    by: Riot Crrl!
    I think you could walk around with words and stick people drawn on your face and still look supercute.
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,511Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    @misfitcurls, I just did a search for salons in my city, and there was a link at the top to add another salon.  
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file