These spirals....HOW DO I MAKE MY WHOLE HEAD DO THIS

IphanyIphany Posts: 6Registered Users Curl Neophyte
GAAAH

i know we all have good hair days and bad hairs. Today started bad - idk if I was too heavy with my gel or what but it was not a good look. So I cowashed and did my b'leave in, some (not as much!) arc angel and a bit of the ouidad vital curl tress effects. The tress effects was a bit of an afterthought so I barely put any in there, maybe a dime sized amount sort of quickly scrunched without even looking...is that what's happening here? I want this all over my head! 

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Your hair looks very pretty! You might want to try the skip curl method: 
    1. Apply a styling product and then finger comb it through your hair to remove all tangles. Choose a small section of the hair to begin, comb it through one last time to be sure it’s 100 percent tangle-free, then begin twisting the hair around your finger from root to end. It’s important to twist in the direction that your curls naturally twist; otherwise, you’ll be working “against the grain,” which can result in frizz and defeat the purpose.
    2. Gently slide your finger out of the twist, hold on to the end, and literally “skip” the hair around a little, sort of like you’re swinging a jump rope. Then, just drop the curl and start on another section. Once you’ve done this to a few sections, you can scrunch those sections together to intensify the curl.
    3. Toss your hair upside down when you're finished, shake and sit back upright. This will help add some volume to your hair. You can then just let your hair air dry – no dryer or diffuser necessary!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • IphanyIphany Posts: 6Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks Gretchen! I've noticed when I do twist in the right direction my hair holds a spiral really well -- definitely gonna try this!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,716Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Your hair is gorgeous.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • emchal15emchal15 Posts: 2Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    edited December 2017
    I have fine wavy hair and I've been using the skip curl method to refresh without even realizing it was a thing  :)  It's been working great to add some definition back into my 2nd day (and beyond) hair.  I would definitely recommend trying it!  I prefer to loosen my curls up a bit but they do look a bit ringlet-y before I shake them out.  I usually scrunch them with a bit of mousse for hold.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file