How do i enhance my curls?

ClaraJJansenClaraJJansen Posts: 4Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hi!
So i have 2b wavy hair, but lately my "curls" have started to fade out a bit. I don't know if it the weather changing or if im doing something wrong.
When i just got my hair cut (august) i had really pretty enhanced curls, but now they are just not as pretty.
I was looking for some easy tips on how to enhance my 2b curls. 

Btw im from Denmark, just if it could have anything to do with the climate:)

Best Answer

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,552 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    The weather could definitely be the culprit, or maybe you need to clarify to get rid of styling product build-up (I would use a sulfate shampoo for that).

For me, when the weather gets dry (is that what you are experiencing?), I start using a heavier leave-in conditioner (one with more oils near the top of the ingredients list), and I do deep conditioning treatments once a week.

(For deep conditioning, you can use your regular rinse-out conditioner. Wash your hair as usual, then squeeze out the excess water. Work your conditioner through your hair and then cover with a plastic cap. Put a towel over that to hold in your body heat. Let sit for 20-30 minutes and then rinse out and style as usual.)

Some people also put a couple of drops of oil on their hair when it is wet to seal in the moisture.

It may also help to add a hairspray to your regimen if you can find one that is not drying to your hair. That will help keep moisture in your hair instead of it being lost to the dry air around you.

To be honest, my hair simply doesn't look as good when the weather is dry. 
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file