Greasy fine hair?

lizfreiheitlizfreiheit Posts: 2Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I really want to stop shampooing my hair so much since it should not be done daily. But with my fine 3a hair my roots are always greasy the next day after I wash it. I dont use sulfates and I try not to wash it much but sometimes I just really want to wear it down multiple days in a row without using a bottle of dry shampoo. So I’m either stuck washing it everyday or never wearing it down two days in a row. Anyone have any tips or recomendations of how to get it to last more than a day without being greasy?

Best Answer

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    I say embrace shampooing everyday. I know the strict CG Method is to shampoo mimimally, but there are many fine hair, especially low porosity people (including yours truly) who do fine shampooing everyday with a sulfate-free shampoo. Part of the modified-CG Method. There is an article somewhere on the Sciency Hair Blog that explains how fine-haired low porosity people can handle daily shampoo because they don't have as much of a risk of hygral fatigue, and can even benefit from it because it needs regular moisturizing (from the exposure to water and from daily conditioning following shampooing).
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order

Answers

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    The only thing I've found to reduce oil production is to go into menopause.  But then you get hot flashes, which means you sweat a lot, which leads to smelly hair, which means you're STILL washing daily LOL. 

There's really no reason to not wash your hair daily if that's what it needs.  Just use a gentle shampoo with no sulfates so you're not drying it out.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file