What hairstyle can I pull?

VidirHelgiVidirHelgi Posts: 1Registered Users Curl Neophyte
This is gonna be that typical post from a guy that wants to be just like Jay Alvarrez lol, but I am unsure about my hair and have never found a style that I like although I like the kind that Jay Alvarrez has, These are some pics from when my hair was very long, I never used any products and didn't take care of my hair so it became pretty messed up. Do you think I could pull of a similar style as Jay if I took care of my hair?

And this is where I am at, what do you think? Thanks in advance

Answers

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I have no idea who Jay Alvarrez is, but I like those bottom two pictures the best.  Maybe you could do a length that's in between those two - long enough to allow the curl to develop, but still short enough to look groomed.  It's probably best to find a good stylist, and allow him/her to create a style that's just for you, and not a copy of someone else.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Guide 65 said:
    I have no idea who Jay Alvarrez is, but I like those bottom two pictures the best.  Maybe you could do a length that's in between those two - long enough to allow the curl to develop, but still short enough to look groomed.  It's probably best to find a good stylist, and allow him/her to create a style that's just for you, and not a copy of someone else.
    I had to look up Jay Alvarrez, too. I saw lots of pix but I'm still not sure what he does. Model? 
    Anyway, which look are you going for?  I agree w Guide 65. Longer than the last pic; shorter than the second to last. More blunt cut sted of shag.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file