Is my baby hair/hair line damaged?

amameamame Posts: 4Registered Users Curl Neophyte
This has happened the last few months. This led me into doing something stupid. I cut it Hoping it would help. Well, it did not. Im at a loss. Im wondering if it is because I wear my hair in a bun ALL the time. Also I have been very stressed and moody while not eating the best. My baby hair use to look normal. I never even had to do ANYTHING to it. Now I'm using shea moisture growth and restore treatment which is quite greasy and jist started using carols daughter edge control.

I hate spending more money and using more product. I hate this. Hating my hair. It looks like crap. :(

What's going on and what can I do?

Comments

• amameamame Posts: 4Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    edited November 2017
    Sorry. Here are the pictures.
    Maybe i need a hair trim?
    It actually has improved. I just wonder if wearing a bun all the time has caused the issue..
  • ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    edited December 2017
    Hi, @amame. While we don't have the same hair-type I can say that your hair-line looks similar to mine, a little more than a year and a half ago. Hearing that it has improved is a very good sign, so try not to stress too much. Have you seen your doctor? I ask this only because when there is significant hair loss it could be the result of an underlying health issue.

Wearing a bun that is too tight and causing tension on the hairline is never a good thing, in my opinion. You should try to position the bun a little different each time you do one and try to keep it loose.

I will also suggest that you assess your diet, not eating entirely healthy and eliminating foods that I actually needed is what I believe lead to my shed. I have made significant changes and my hair has thickened and is almost back to its old self.

I can't suggest products due to the fact that I am only now learning what products are best for my own hair.  Hopefully others will offer you up some advice.

Merry Christmas!

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

Hi @amame. Your hairline looks very similar to the way mine did, about a year and a half ago. You say that it has improved and this is a good sign, so try not to stress too much about it. This is good news.

I will ask if you have seen a doctor about the hair loss? The reason I ask is because we sometimes suffer hair-loss from underlying health issues. 

I believe that my hair-loss was due to unhealthy eating habits and also from eliminating various food groups from my diet, ones that I needed. I made some significant changes to my diet and I can happily say that my hairline has thickened and my hair has almost returned to its former self. The foods we eat are even more important to our hair health than the products we use externally, in my opinion. 

I am still in the learning phase when it comes to products so I do hope others will jump in and help you with this.

Merry Christmas!

Oh yes, about the question you asked in regard to putting a bun in your hair all the time, this can cause tension on the hairline for sure, especially if the hair is pulled too tight. Try to vary the position of the bun each day and keep it as loose as possible. Give your hair a break from the bun as often as you can manage.  ;)

• bomegabomega Posts: 1,355Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    edited December 2017
    I agree with ellaj to talk to your doctor about it. In addition to diet issues/deficiencies (zinc, iron, protein), stress, major illness, hormonal changes (including starting/stopping birth control), thyroid issues could all be a cause. Some of the above requires blood tests to identify, but can you identify some of the others related to life events?.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file